Question for today

joanlawson
joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
edited 27. Feb 2010, 13:26 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi

Of all the things you have seen, heard, or read in your life, what would you consider a masterpiece :?:
c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif

Comments

• moonseed
    moonseed Member Posts: 289
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    joanlawson wrote:
    Hi

Of all the things you have seen, heard, or read in your life, what would you consider a masterpiece :?:

The human body and other life
    Steph
  • joanlawson
    The human body is definitely a masterpiece until one bit goes wrong. Then it sends all the rest wrong too sometimes.

What other life would you choose :?:
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Qoute Joan What other life would you choose?.

Raptors and sharks are two, also house martins and swifts, actually most life on this planet, in fact the Earth, the only thing that can let it down is the silly little humans that seem content of messing up nature balance and all for flippin "profit", GRRRRRR :x .

Sorry Joan went off on one then :oops:
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    I've recently read a book i think it was called for Alex :?: just lent it my mum its about a single women who has addopted 8 :?: children with disabilitys.Truly inspirational
    julie
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    This is a bit deep for a Friday, Joan! What's your answer to this question?

I think the greatest masterpiece of all is new lives. I can never get over the fact that we brought our children into the world. As bonkers as they are (they get that from their Dada), it is wonderful to see miracles like that every day.

I think the other greatest masterpieces are people who do amazing deeds. I've read about the woman who's adopted 8 children with disabilities. Another story which stuck in my mind was the firefighter who went into a burning Gurdwara (Sikh temple) to rescue the holy "bible", the Guru Granth Sahib. People were getting hysterical as this book is revered as the last God by Sikhs and to lose it would have been terrible. The firefighter who risked his life wasn't even a Sikh.

Nina X
  • katekelly
    katekelly Member Posts: 975
    The look of love between a parent and their childxx
  • joanlawson
    Hi

Sorry if this is a bit deep for Friday, Nina, and thank you for your answers.

I find it quite difficult to answer myself because there are so many masterpieces of one kind and another.

The whole of the natural world is a masterpiece, isn't it? It is easy to take it all for granted, but its variety never ceases to amaze me.
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    All my paintings are masterpieces, take your pick!!

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • joanlawson
    All my paintings are masterpieces, take your pick!!

Joseph 8)

They are, and I did :!: :D