Swimming costume!

katekelly
katekelly Member Posts: 975
edited 3. Mar 2010, 15:39 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi Folks,

Seeing as I'm going on holiday I thought I'd buy myself a new costume because my good old black one is getting a bit thin in places and I don't want to scare the fish when I go away- so I thought it was time to buy a new one.
So off I oges to a well known discount 'club'store (starts wit an M and finishes with N). I picked up a selection and decided to try them on. All different styles colours etc. Well oh my life the fitting room was not only small but the mirror had a life of its own....Even I couldn't look that grotesque!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
After trying 4 I decided that I really liked the one I hadn't tried but by now was so whacked from pulling and pushing and heaving bits of lycra over bits of blubber that were to big for it I just took it and thought what the hell.
After a sit down at home and a well deserved cuppa and choccy biscuit I decided I'd brave the horrors and try the offending article on. What I didn't realise at the time was that it had a 'tummy support' bit in it. I don't know if you have ever tried one of these on but you need to be fit to get into it.Eventually after much puffing panting and swearing I got into it and I must say it held the offending bit in nicely. I thought I wouldn't mind being photographed in that one ...well from the waist up anyway cos all the blubber was pushing out the leg holes!! :oops: :oops: Not a pretty sight :oops: :oops:
Still I've been thinking about my purchase and I think actually I'll be alright as I have a cunning plan.... You see I'm going to America- I just need to find an American bigger than me and I'll sit next to her and look like Twiggy 8) 8) Now that's a plan! :lol::lol:
Kate

Comments

• joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Trying on swimming costumes in fitting rooms can present some difficult decisions. If you find that the size you have taken to try doesn't fit, what do you do :?: Do you get all dressed again to go and get another size, or do you risk getting arrested by doing a quick streak through the shop :?: I know what Gok would tell us to do :!:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • katekelly
    rehab44 wrote:
    [quote I just need to find an American bigger than me and I'll sit next to her and look like Twiggy

Well that ain't gonna be much of a problem! :D[/quote]

That's my thinking too!! xxx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    well have got new costume from same shop but have not tried it on do not do changing rooms not with swimming costumes to embarising
    val
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    valval wrote:
    well have got new costume from same shop but have not tried it on do not do changing rooms not with swimming costumes to embarising

I agree - last time I was in one a man fell in mine! Good job I'd just got dressed again........when I asked why he was in there he said he was helping his wife!

Annie
  • valval
    annie_mial wrote:
    valval wrote:

I agree - last time I was in one a man fell in mine! Good job I'd just got dressed again........when I asked why he was in there he said he was helping his wife!

Annie
    strange way to help her lol hope you hit him cheek of it
    val
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Kate

You just had me laughing. you could have bought the cossy out there. I got a really nice one when I was out there some years ago.

I do hope you have a really nice holiday, where are you going to??

Trish xx
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    delboy wrote:
    I'm still wearing one my mum knitted for me. 8)

Bet it itches :!: :shock:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • valval
    joanlawson wrote:
    delboy wrote:
    I'm still wearing one my mum knitted for me. 8)

Bet it itches :!: :shock:
    does it grow in the water
    val
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    My friend came back from Orlando after half term holiday, Said she went to Sea World and saw the lady- who was killed by the killer whale on Wednesday. She was apparently very lovely and enthusiastic about the whales but sadly she was killed after whale reacted badly!
    I am glad she and her children did not witness it.
    She had a lovely time and many happy memories thankfully.
    Best wishes
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • katekelly
    trisher wrote:
    Kate

You just had me laughing. you could have bought the cossy out there. I got a really nice one when I was out there some years ago.

I do hope you have a really nice holiday, where are you going to??

Trish xx

Hi Trish,

We're going to Orlando (not that I'm counting but this time 3 weeks we'll be on our way to the airport hotel for our flight the next morning). Whilst we are there we are going to a small town called Dunnellonn where my friends Mum and Dad live. It's about a 90 minute drive from Kissimmee and they've invited us to stay the night. We're also going to Tampa one day as apparantly the theme park there is "Awesome" (american speak!! LOL). It is also on the Gulf coast and it would be nice to see the sea properly. I can't believe that we have managed to keep it from our youngest!! I hope we can keep the secret going until we get to the airport!! The last full day we are there we are meeting up with one of her school friends. His parents aren't telling him either about their holiday or the fact that we are meeting up. Will have to get a photo of her face when I say" Doesn't that little boy look like Max?"
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Kate :D:D:D
    so very pleased to see you :D
    loved the story - he he he he he!!!! :wink:
    You'll have no problems looking sylphlike in amercia...by the way I did my back in there in kissimmie (SP) and ended up coming home in whchair having been ferried out of villa on a stretcher by around 10 ambulance staff - in my nightie with no knickers on :oops: :oops:
    Have a brilliant time wont you - I have missed you :wink: maybe weather be good enough for a visit to Rugby when you get back?
    Love to Mutley :D
    Love

Toni xx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    annie_mial wrote:
    valval wrote:

Annie

Last time I went in one a lady fainted right outside my booth and they had to call for ambulance staff. I had told my OH what I was planning to do so I panicked and thought He is going to see the ambulance staff in the changing room and think it is me (cos I do get hot, thirsty and faint).
    I had to phone him to warn him.Cause I was trapped here for ages cos I am too useless to walk round a body on the floor!
    E x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • quietwaters
    quietwaters Member Posts: 288
    Hi Kate

I've just read your post (and all the others) and I've had a good laugh, cheered me up for the day. :lol:

We went to America last sept and I was worried about swimming stuff. I ended up buying a lovely cossie out there, the changing room was huuuuge (but also had a huuuuge mirror, not a pretty site). The very young, thin, model like assistant said let me know when you've got it on so we can all see what it looks like!!!! (as if I was going to prance around a shop full of people in a cossie)!! I declined the offer of course.

Anyway, the cossie looked ok, BUT unfortunately I got loads and loads of mossie bites, and I get an allurgic reaction to bites, they come up in horrible blisters which then weep, urgh. I've tried everything but nothing works, not even high concentrate deet.

So there I am round the swimming pool early morning, great I though, no one about, no one to see my bites, which looked like I had some awful disease :oops: I got in the pool intending to have a quick swim but then this very slim good looking (apart from the botox in the lips) American lady came and layed on the edge of the pool. So I thought I'd wait till she'd gone, but then the whole world and his wife descended into the pool area and I daren't get out, was in there for ages!!!

Buy a cossie out there, they seem to have lots more choices of patterns and styles than here AND I love the fact that you're a size smaller in their clothes, made me feel great.

Have a terrific holiday,
    Jay x
  • quietwaters
    quietwaters Member Posts: 288
    :lol::lol::lol: I'm still laughing at delboys knitted costume. My mum knitted my brother some trunks, they used to hang down to his little knees when wet. :lol::lol::lol:

Jay x
  • katekelly
    Thanks for the advice Jay I'd forgot that the american clothe sizes are smaller than ours -Oh what JOY!!!!
    Really will have to buy something out there now just so I can say to OH "look I told you I was a 12"!!!!
    Kate x