DLA Result

susanjanemoon
susanjanemoon Member Posts: 28
edited 3. Mar 2010, 17:08 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi, I applied for DLA in middle of January. I went to the Citizens Advice for help. My aplication arrived at their offices on the 1st February. I have Arthritis in both knees severe in my left one, my right ankle and toe joint. My thumb joint, both wrists both elbows and my shoulder. I also have Diabetic Neuropathy in both feet, both hands and one side of my face. I received my decission today, and am so relieved to have been awarded High rate for mobility and Lower rate for care. Both for an indefinate period. Still cant believe it. Thanks for all tips and advice. Susan xx

Comments

• zechariah
    zechariah Member Posts: 222
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Congatulations, I am so pleased for you!
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    this great news. mate was trying to get me to put in for it but will wait till things get worse as do not feel i would get it yet . so glad they saw sence and gave you what you need
    val
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    well done, that gives hope to others that are trying for it.
    I had a right battle to get mine & now have an indefinite award.
    debs
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Well done.......I tried but although I had according to the notes arthur in ankle and sever arthur in both hips they basically said "You dont need someone to care for you so No" but once again well done on getting it.l
    Love
    Hileena
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Well done. I am glad you got it without too much stress involved.

Sorry to read that Hileena. Did you need help with dressing with your bad hip and ankle? Pre- hip replacement my Rheumatologist sent a letter to back my claim which I received 3 years ago.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • hileena111
    Hi pre THR I didnt have a dressing of any sort on my hip...Post THR the district nurse comes in and does it {2 weeks post op} My anklle was in plaster most of the time so it was back and forward to the hospital and I didnt have arthur in it then ....just a badly smashed ankle which I suppose they would consider acute rather than chronic At the moment anything that needs doing is done by OH but I suppose this is temporary {I hope} so dont think I would be considered at ther min. Dont know what my other hip will be like when this one recovers and the ankle was just diagnosed a few weeks before THR
    Love
    Hileena
  • susanjanemoon
    hileena111 wrote:
    Hi pre THR I didnt have a dressing of any sort on my hip...Post THR the district nurse comes in and does it {2 weeks post op} My anklle was in plaster most of the time so it was back and forward to the hospital and I didnt have arthur in it then ....just a badly smashed ankle which I suppose they would consider acute rather than chronic At the moment anything that needs doing is done by OH but I suppose this is temporary {I hope} so dont think I would be considered at ther min. Dont know what my other hip will be like when this one recovers and the ankle was just diagnosed a few weeks before THR
    Love
    Hileena
    Hi Hileena
    Sorry for butting in but I think Elizabeth meant 'did you need help with dressing, because of your hip' not with hip dressing. Susan xx
  • dolittle
    dolittle Member Posts: 240
    Great news, Susan! Now you can relax a bit. It's nice to read about a positive result.
    Dolittle
  • lizzie7ne
    lizzie7ne Member Posts: 154
    Well done Susan so pleased for you

lizzie
  • hileena111
    Sorry Elizabeth......having a "thick day" No I didnt need much help with dressing......when my ankle was bad I did but that was acute...a smashed ankle.....arthur hadn't been diagnosed there then.
    Love
    Hileena
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Hello,
    Congratulations. Its great to hear when someone is awarded something.

Love Sue
  • susanjanemoon
    dolittle wrote:
    Great news, Susan! Now you can relax a bit. It's nice to read about a positive result.
    Dolittle
    True I do feel so relieved, and am so supprised how many other gates are opened once you awarded it..........and as I said am so suprised it was so quick. xx
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Great news Susan, it can and is a bit of a minefield and fortunately you are not being put through too many hoops.

I am still at deadlock with the DLA and feel like I am a circus act, with more hoops than a performing poodle. I have the same awards as yourself, but the care needs have increased since their last review two years ago and trying to get them to comprehend these facts is getting me down. Two years is a long time for changes and care needs to alter considerably. Fortunately I have a great GP and Consultant, plus the support of the local carers organisation and welfare rights, so, fingers crossed, one day, they might listen and take note. One thing for sure, I am not giving up, even if it is driving me up the wall :?
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • chile168
    chile168 Member Posts: 384
    Hi Susan,

WOW - CONGRATULATIONS :):):):):)

Im so delighted for you hun. I know you have a blue badge cos we have spoken before. Hun did you know that you and now ask for ROAD TAX EXEMPTION ???? All you need to do is call DLA and they will provide you with a Certificate - you will be refunded what's left of current road tax disc and they will provide you with a FREE annual one.

Lots of love and hugs xxxxxxxx

Eve.

WELL DONE !!!!!!!!!!!!