Just to say hello

bubbles
bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
edited 6. Mar 2010, 11:31 in Say Hello Archive
Hi there, thought I would say hello to one and all.

I have osteoarthritis, cervical spondylosis, osteophytes, radiculopathy (which is a damned painful thing), degeneration of lumbar spine, similar to both knees, left being the worst, with peripheral neuropathy. Pain is part and parcel of daiy life, even with enough pain killers to floor a horse. I also have chronic heart disease with unstable angina, long term anxiety and depression so, as you can imagine, things are a little slow going :roll:
I am in the throws of asking for a review with the DLA to increase my care component, the whole process freaks me out completely. This is the third time I have asked. I aleady receive the higher mobility, as walking is very difficult and I stumble too many time to count and falling is a constant fear. Legs/knees giving out, can be a tad embarassing when you are out. Apart from that, my brain is functioning, I hope :? I am sure the forum is a great help and I will certainly read as many posts as I can and offer any support I can.
XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).

Comments

• trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Bubbles

A big welcome to the Forums from me.

We all try to help and support one another on the LWA Forum. We also like to relax on the CChat Forum where we have a laugh and some fun.

I see you said trying to get your DLA increased. I should think it should be with your medical history.

Have you tried to get help from CAB? They are very good at helping people with claims.

I do hope you are successful with your claim, also hope to see you posting soon

Trisher x
  • bubbles
    Thank you Trisher, for your kind welcome. I have already been posting away, being a night owl and hating my bed.
    I have had some input from the local carers link and welfare rights, who have been very good. They said they would help in any way they can, with regard my request for review and increase. Certainly, if there are any more forms to fill in, I wll be asking for their help, I have filled in so many already, another one and I will keel over.
    You would think that with my medical history which is progressive and longterm, they would just get on with it, but no, they don't seem to be albe to do that and have to give you more hoops than the average circus, to try and jump through, regardless of Drs and Consultants suportive testimonies. Ah well, I will see how we go and I will not give up the fight.
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Hi Bubbles

Welcome to the forum. I love that name!! It is the name of my 18 month old grand daughter's kitten whom she loves to bits. :lol:

We hear the same story as yours regarding DLA, time and time again on here. :roll: Good to hear you will not give up the fight. You know, we know, the medics know you are entitled to it all but those that dish it out ....... that is a complete other ball game and humungus mess :x :roll: :shock:

Please do join us on the other forums. :) I have been on here for 3 years now and find it quite addictive, harmless though :lol: I hope you do stay. We all try to help and support each other the best we can and there is always the chitchat zone which is lively, should that rock your boat!!

Bubbles, hope to see you on the other zones very shortly,

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • bubbles
    Hi Elna
    Thanks for the welcome and glad you like the name :D

I will be rooting round the forum and yes you soon get hooked. I love my little laptop, but don't sit well for very long, however, I will pop back regulary between pottering.

I am sure it is a common complaint, the DLA system, it freaks me out totally, to the point, where in the past, I have just given up fighting my corner, but not this time.

The forum seems very supportive and offers good advice, a problem shared is always best.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Bubbles
    A very warm welcome from me, this is brilliant forum , with lots of lovely people, we all support one another, I do hope you get the higher rate of Dla.
    Hope to see you posting more very soon.
    You take care
    Love barbaraxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • bubbles
    barbara12 wrote:
    Hi Bubbles
    A very warm welcome from me, this is brilliant forum , with lots of lovely people, we all support one another, I do hope you get the higher rate of Dla.
    Hope to see you posting more very soon.
    You take care
    Love barbaraxx

Thank you Barbara, for your kind words and welcome. The welfare rights team are being very supportive with regard an increase in my DLA. I won't hold my breath, but will try and remain positive. I just have to wait and see what the DLA say from my recent request for review, before I know which avenue to persue. At least I know there are support networks that can help ease the strain should it go to appeal.
    xx Bubbles.
  • malc7747
    malc7747 Member Posts: 73
    Hi Bubbles,

A big warm welcome from me to you.
    The Forum has loads and loads of nice and helpful people and support is always here

:D

Take care

Malc
    :)
  • bubbles
    malc7747 wrote:
    Hi Bubbles,

A big warm welcome from me to you.
    The Forum has loads and loads of nice and helpful people and support is always here

:D

Take care

Malc
    :)
    Thank you Malc. Reading through the posts, it is so refreshing to find a forum where people actually help each other instead of bickering all the time.
    xx bubbles
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Hi Bubbles!

A warm welcome to the forum from me too! great to meet new peeps and I'm sure you will enjoy being part of this really helpful community...I've been a member since November and don't know what I'd do without it!

As Trish said ...get CAB to help with the form filling...no matter how good you are at filling these things in, CAB know the right phrases to use etc...makes things so much easier for you.

good luck with the DLA review...let us know how you get on. Iris x
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Hello Bubbles ( I'm loving the name :D )

I'm a bit late with my welcome but nice to have you with us, only sorry you have had to be here. It sounds like you have alot going on there, so I am sending a few hugs ((( ))).
    Don't feel alone, have a moan if you ever need to and I hope more than a few laughs with us on chit chat. I hope all goes well with the DLA review and that today has been a goodish one?
    take care
    Chris
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Bubbles,

I am even later with a hi and welcome. I hope things will get a bit easier for you soon. Cris x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    You think YOU were late Cris :oops: :oops:

Hi Bubbles welcome form me too

I look forward to seeing you on the forums

LOve

Toni xx
  • mavericksoul
    mavericksoul Member Posts: 3
    Hi Bubbles,

I am also multiply disabled and receive the highest level of care component of DLA. A website I found very good is:-

http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/

Good luck! :D

Fiona