Feeling 'Tender'

Options
chez86
chez86 Member Posts: 37
edited 15. Mar 2010, 04:34 in Living with Arthritis archive
Does anyone else get this? I can't remember how long i've had it because it's one of things you don't even acknowledge until you've had it a long time and in my case, when my boyfriend tells me how much i comment on it.
It's an annoying, tender feeling I get when I, or someone else presses on parts of my skin. I only need to press down a little in order to feel a discomfort and a bit of pain. It's like that feeling you get when you bump yourself but only feel the pain after and it gets gradually worse until wearing off again.
It's not my joints either, its just the general body area.
I've tried to research it but the only thing I can find is something called Fibromyalgia, but this is another chronic condition and appears to be much worse than what I feel.
I'm sure i've had it longer than my RA, so im not sure if it's related but it's getting annoying..my boyfriend only needs to grab me a bit too hard and it unnaturally hurts!

Comments

• lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Chez,

I get this and I have RA but mine is just on my shins and the bottom of my legs. I only notice it when hubby washes the bottom of my legs for me, he doesn't really exert any pressure. It's not unbearable and I just grit my teeth because I know it's very soon over and is doing me no harm.

You have to remember that arthritis not only affects the joints but is a body disease and we have some problems associated with it that we don't always connect to RA.

If you are unsure and it seems unbearable have a chat with your GP or rheumy nurse.

Hope this helps.

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • wendylou
    wendylou Member Posts: 88
    Options
    chez86 wrote:
    Does anyone else get this? I can't remember how long i've had it because it's one of things you don't even acknowledge until you've had it a long time and in my case, when my boyfriend tells me how much i comment on it.
    It's an annoying, tender feeling I get when I, or someone else presses on parts of my skin. I only need to press down a little in order to feel a discomfort and a bit of pain. It's like that feeling you get when you bump yourself but only feel the pain after and it gets gradually worse until wearing off again.
    It's not my joints either, its just the general body area.
    I've tried to research it but the only thing I can find is something called Fibromyalgia, but this is another chronic condition and appears to be much worse than what I feel.
    I'm sure i've had it longer than my RA, so im not sure if it's related but it's getting annoying..my boyfriend only needs to grab me a bit too hard and it unnaturally hurts!
    Hi Chez yes i get this tenderness i have OA so i am sore over the parts were i have it but i am like you i feel as if my bones are sore when my Hubby puts cream on my feet or legs he seems to press his thumbs in just a little bit i tell him not to press to hard he's not but i am so sore i am just tender all the time, so i am with you i would like to know what it is or is it down to my age i am 59, please lrt me know how you get on ,lots of luck.Wendylou :)
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    I have OA and yes I have this too especially when I'm tired/having a bad day. I don't want the cat sat on my sore bits etc - lower legs between knees and ankles, hip and thighs etc - whereas on a good day she is a good as a wheat bag!!

Speedalong
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.