sorry i am a deserter!

karinak
karinak Member Posts: 113
edited 1. Mar 2010, 10:09 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello all, Yes i am the first to admit i came and went, thinking i could do it alone and do it better than the advice i had been given!I
am still positive Arthur wont get the better of me but sorry to admit defeatism, i am now back off to the Rheumy on Thursday this week after 2 very painful months of grinning and bearing :( I still do the cider vinegar conncoction but apart from shiny hair, clear complextion and longer nails than i have ever had i see no signs of it aiding to my stiffness and pains, infact i now can see the disease progressing!, with stiff knees and throbbing pains in feet and hands at night.Sorry to download on you all and now i will keep posted and not be so darn selfish.
Take care again Karina

Comments

• angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    You are not in the least selfish Karina. You did what most people do, in cicumstances that knock them for six.....Go into denial, for a time, and try to find other answers.

What does impress me, and I feel it will be what gets you through, and that is your total honesty with yourself, and your positivity........Good luck.....Ange.
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Hi Karina, welcome back! When you last posted in October 09, I think it was, I replied and said that "you must do what your heart is telling you to do. If you don't you will always have that little regret that you did not do so. I wish you well in your new venture and let us know how you are going on.

If you do change your mind in the future and go down the other road again please do not beat yourself up about it - you will have tried what you strongly felt was right at the time.

By all means try alternatives but should your health begin to go down hill, do not dilly dally too long and never feel "a failure" for taking conventional meds to be able to feel much better and get on with your life. I do hope it works for you."
    You are now going to see your rheumy and I hope things improve for you very soon. You are of strong character and a fighter, you will be ok.

It is good to have you back again with us and you know we are here to support and help you as much as possible as we try to do for every one on this forum.

Out of interest will you keep the MH book? I remember you saying your meds fell behind the back of your cupboard. :wink:

I wish you well and please let us know how you go on,

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • barbara01
    barbara01 Member Posts: 85
    Hi Karina

Have been wondering how you are.....have sent you a PM..

Barbara xx
  • karinak
    karinak Member Posts: 113
    Thanks to all so far replies :) made me feel better about myself and realise i am not alone x
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Hi, welcome back from me too, everyone goes through a stage when they thnk they can cope on their own, remember you always have friends here love Jaspercatxx
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Karina

Bless you for your honest post here. Am really sorry things didn't go as you hoped but you had the courage to try it so no regrets eh! I do hope you manage to get things under control soon and start to feel better. It is good of you to let us know. Keep in touch and let us know how you get on in the future. Hang on to that shiny hair, clear skin and lovely nails too!
    take care
    Chris
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    HI karina,

well , as Ange has said, you did what most of us have done at some time or another ...... but you did what you thought was right at the time, and now you are doign that again by realising and admitting to yourself that you need help to deal with the arthritis.

Asking for or needing help isn't the bad thing we often think it is .... it is just gaining knowledge of what we are dealing with and adding to our armoury ..... so I wish you well and also say well done for being so honest because that is one of the toughest things to do.

hope to see you posting soon.
    take care
    hugs
    WOnky
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Thankyou for your feedback Karina. I had wondered where you had gone after your declaration of giving up medication. It is always worth a try and why not? None of us like taking the prescribed concoctions but I feel we dont have a choice.It is a shame but I am so grateful to have more control over the pain nowadays.

Best wishes
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • page35
    page35 Member Posts: 1,081
    Hi just to wish you good luck with rhuemy and hope you start to feel better soon.
  • jackie1955
    jackie1955 Member Posts: 632
    Hi Karina, Welcome back!

Can't blame anyone for trying to find alternatives to the 'poisonous' drugs we have to take!

You have proved to yourself that you do need medical help in controlling your condition, so at least you won't be wondering if 'alternatives' are the answer for you.

Good luck with the meds, let us know what you are prescribed and how you go on with them.

Jackie x
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    karinak wrote:
    Hello all, Yes i am the first to admit i came and went, thinking i could do it alone and do it better than the advice i had been given!I
    am still positive Arthur wont get the better of me but sorry to admit defeatism, i am now back off to the Rheumy on Thursday this week after 2 very painful months of grinning and bearing :( I still do the cider vinegar conncoction but apart from shiny hair, clear complextion and longer nails than i have ever had i see no signs of it aiding to my stiffness and pains, infact i now can see the disease progressing!, with stiff knees and throbbing pains in feet and hands at night.Sorry to download on you all and now i will keep posted and not be so darn selfish.
    Take care again Karina
    You are not selfish we all go through the same & all need support at times its just your time now so dont feel guilty & know people on here are with you Mx