DLA Tribunal

annebr
annebr Member Posts: 730
edited 28. Feb 2010, 17:28 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi,

I have just received the form for the above. I have been trying to get some help and advice on what to do but to no avail. I contacted Radar, who told me to contact Dial, phoned Dial who said they couldn't help try CAB. Phoned them and it rang out, I am back at work so i can't go and sit and wait.

Looks as if I will have to go it alone. Although I did contact my MP who is going to look into and support my case.

Anyone have any ideas?

Anne

Comments

• salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    annebr wrote:
    Hi,

I have just received the form for the above. I have been trying to get some help and advice on what to do but to no avail. I contacted Radar, who told me to contact Dial, phoned Dial who said they couldn't help try CAB. Phoned them and it rang out, I am back at work so i can't go and sit and wait.

Looks as if I will have to go it alone. Although I did contact my MP who is going to look into and support my case.

Anyone have any ideas?

Anne

Hi Anne, some councils have welfare rights workers. I know someone who got help from social services via their local council. Worth trying. Also, try local branches of other voluntary advice agencies. My mum got help from Age Concern, for example. I don't know how old you are or how old they want you to be in order to help but worth a try. They might well know of other advice agencies in your area. Any local disability organisations about? I know there are some in my area. Pensioners forums, if appropriate, might know where you can get help. British Legion if you have any military connections whatsoever. Do you belong to any groups? Worth asking around, lots of people get training in this area. Some doctor's practices have welfare rights advisors doing sessions. If not, persist with CAB - try another branch if you can't get through to yours. Also, ring NRAS they might be able to give the names of any organisations that can help. Do you have a physio or OT? Perhaps ask them.
    If I think of anything else will let you know.
    Sally
  • annebr
    Sally,

Thanks for the advice, I am 39 so a bit young for Age Concern but i will investigate some of the other suggestions.

Thanks

Anne
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    annebr wrote:
    Sally,

Thanks for the advice, I am 39 so a bit young for Age Concern but i will investigate some of the other suggestions.

Thanks

Anne

Sorry! :oops:

They might know where you can go though!
    xx
  • handsy
    handsy Member Posts: 209
    Hi Anne, I tried to contact the CAB on several occations without luck. I continued and i met a guy who said he could help with the ESA claim but not the DLA so he went ahead on that. my dates were 5/11/09 for ESA and 17/11/09 for DLA and when I arrived I didnot have all the info. so was told to adjurn the case when the judge said that i had not been contacted by the DLA so he sent a doctor to my home for an examination which to my relief said i was very disabled. I was awarded the DLA but still had to appeal for ESA. I know this drawn out sorry, so went back last week to my appeal and did not have to go in as the evidence from the DLA was enough? I don't know why they did it this way but to me it was a total waste of money the amount of paper alone must have cost hundreds of pounds. Keep on at your CAB as they are staffed by volunteers and may only be available at certain times. check with your DRs they might be able to help. GOOD LUCK X
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    Hi Anne i don't know if this will help but my brother works for a charity called rethink if you suffer from depression rethink will help you. You can fing there number on the internet.
    julie
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    I left an email message with cab and they phoned me back next morning.Just type in CAB to get the nearest address and to leave message for the correct peeps.
    Best wishes
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Anne,

Can't help you just wanted to wish you good luck though. Cris x
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Hi,
    @y tribunal. I'm still in the process of getting my ESA appeal sorted with my GP, who has very kindly given me some notes to work on and give back to her to type up a report. She's given me so much help, both support and practical. I really am lucky in that respect. I would perhaps just ask if anyone knows the procedure, at you surgery.

Good luck, Lots of Love Sue xxx
  • annebr
    Thanks everyone. The problem I have is that all the reports have been submitted from GP consultant etc but still refused so goes to tribunal. I was hoping for some advice on the actual tribunal should I attend or let them decide without me.

Of course I didn't receive the ATOS report until after the appeal cut off date and I have submitted a 3 page document on the errors, including the fact that it had been changed in several places the day before the decision was made 3 weeks after the medical. the changes that were made were in their favour.

My MP is supporting me, just got a letter & he has asked permission to go to the DWP to get my info. He did say that he had heard of a number of his constituents had similar problems.

Anne
  • chile168
    chile168 Member Posts: 384
    Hi Anne,

Have you tried www.direct.gov.uk - I called them when I was having problems and they give good advice.

Yes I agree I think you are too young for Age concern lol.

Im 45 and hate it when they send insurance for over 50 lol.

Hope things get sorted soon.

Good luck x

Eve
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Hi Anne
    It would be worth looking up carers.org in your area. They have been really good with me and my partner / carer, plus they put me straight in touch with welfare rights, who will support my case if needs be, with the DLA.
    As fas as I can gather, it is best if you can go to the tribunal and speak to the three people on the panel. You can take a representative, ie welfare rights person or significant other who can support your case. A hearing doesn't really give you a chance to let them know what is going on, all they can do is look at the paper evidence. Easier said that done I am sure, I would be a wreck. I am sure that there are more members that can help you, having actually been through the appeal meeting.
    I hope it goes well and in your favour. [/quote]
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).