15 yr old newbie (and her mum!)

Options
sootisox
sootisox Bots Posts: 5
edited 3. Mar 2010, 09:36 in Say Hello Archive
Hi
My name is Jo and my 15 yr old daughter, Jade, has just been diagnosed with RA. She's just about to start MTX and has been on prednisolone for the past 2 weeks whist waiting to see another rheumatologist (diagnosed by a private rheumy ... had to wait for referral back to NHS rheumy, hence the steroids!). The steroids have helped so far and Jade is feeling a little more comfortable, if not slightly "hyper".

It's great to find somewhere to chat to others with the same diagnosis.

Jo

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Jo and Jade :):)

Welcome to the forum. I am sorry to read about Jade but it is good to hear that she is feeling more comfortable at the moment. Why not call in on the other zones, either the Living with Arthritis or the Young People's zone? There are others on this forum of Jade's age or thereabouts. This zone is more for introductions and most of us look in more at the other zones.

I hope your day goes well and look forward to hearing more from you on the other zones very soon. We are all in the same boat to a greater or lesser degree, all ages and we all try to help and support each other. It is a great site, I have been on here 3 years. :D

Look after each other,

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Jo,

Sorry I am late seeing this but just wanted to say Hi and hope you and Jade are doing ok? Its a god site this and well welcome from a late person :wink: Cris x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,424
    Options
    Hi Jo

and Hi Jordan :)

welcome to the site from me too.

Good luck with the meds I really hope they help loads.

Love

Toni xx