Another one!!

kirstyw
kirstyw Member Posts: 2
edited 8. Mar 2010, 18:56 in Say Hello Archive
Hi my name is Kirsty, am 43 and Docs can't decide if I have RA or Lupus. Started on Hydroxychloroquine in Dec last year. Feeling very tired, with moving joint pains and stiffness, nose ulcers and major forgetfulness and depression, trying to work part time, look after 3 kids and complete an OU course and failing dismally at all 3!! I find it very hard not knowing and most people don't really understand what you are going through, just feeling a little lost and decided I needed to speak to people who could understand! :)

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    kirstyw wrote:
    Hi my name is Kirsty, am 43 and Docs can't decide if I have RA or Lupus. Started on Hydroxychloroquine in Dec last year. Feeling very tired, with moving joint pains and stiffness, nose ulcers and major forgetfulness and depression, trying to work part time, look after 3 kids and complete an OU course and failing dismally at all 3!! I find it very hard not knowing and most people don't really understand what you are going through, just feeling a little lost and decided I needed to speak to people who could understand! :)

Hi Kirsty

Welcome to the forum. You are trying to do so much. :) Makes me tired just reading it all. :)

You are right most people do not understand but now that you have found us lot, there is no need to feel alone and lost. We do understand on here and if you stay around, you will get loads of sympathy and we also try to answer any questions as best we can or advise what might be the best thing to do next.

I hope you will feel better just knowing that we welcome one and all and try out best to help.

Look forward to seeing you posting on the other zones.

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello Kirsty
    A very warm welcome to this site, they are lovely people on here that will offer all the support you need.
    Most of us have gone through what you are going through, the not quite knowing what is wrong.
    I do hope things improve very soon, also come on the chit chat zone and have a laugh, and meet some of the others on here.
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Hi Kirsty
    Welcome to the forum, I agree, you are juggling too many things at once, time to sort things out for your own good too.
    I am new to the forum and people really are great, very helpful and supportive, offering sound advice from personal experience.
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Hi Kirsty

Sorry I'm a bit late here but just calling in to say welcome. Sorry you have had to find us. You have alot going on there, but please don't feel alone with it all.
    Do post when you have time, people will offer support or advise if they can and send a hug when they can't.
    take care
    Chris
  • chile168
    chile168 Member Posts: 384
    Hi Kirsty,

A very warm WELCOME :)

I have both RA and Lupus. I understand your frustration and not knowing and wanting answers, Im the same. I feel the need to know what's going on and what is causing it so that it make sense.

It is difficult for people to understand what you are going through. I also have Fibromyalgia and I try and put it in terms that they will understand but even then it's difficult because they are not the ones feeling the pain.

Pleased that you have found this site though.

Take care x

Eve
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    kirstyw wrote:

Hi Kirsty

A big warm welcome from me.

You have come to the right place and you will not be alone any more also we do understand what it is like.

We try to help and support one another when they are feeling down or when they need advice or help.

If you have any questions just ask away on the LWA Forum.

There is also the Helpline, they are very nice people too.

There is also the CChat Forum, where you can relax.

Hope to see you around very soon

Trish xx