HELLO - MOTHER OF 9 YEAR OLD WITH JIA

butterflywings
butterflywings Member Posts: 25
edited 10. Mar 2010, 03:39 in Say Hello Archive
Just introducing myself as a mother to a 9 year old daughter who has oligarticular JIA. She was diagnosed when she was 15 months old and she has it in both her knees.

She had steriod injections for the first time last October, which freaked her out a little because she has only really been taking ibroprufen for it otherwise.

We are constantly up at the Bristol Children's Hospital for one thing or another in connection with JIA and they are very good.

She is not having much happiness at school though as alot of the children just don't understand about JIA and can be very cruel.

I am hoping that this forum can give me and my daughter some support - I thank you.

Comments

• chile168
    chile168 Member Posts: 384
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Butterfly,

Sorry to hear what brings you to this site but glad you have found it and wanted to express a very WARM WELCOME.

People are friendly and supportive. There are mothers of children who unfortunately have this horrid illness and Im sure they will be very supportive.

Have you posted in the Young's People's Forum as a lot of the mother's post there. However, we would all do our very best in supporting you :)

Look forward to reading your posts in all the forums.

Love and hugs to you and your daughter xxxx

Eve
  • butterflywings
    butterflywings Member Posts: 25
    Thank you so much chile168

Finding this forum I think will be a god send.

Reading everyone's posts about their illnesses is quite sad and I know that there are people/children in a worse state than my daughter, but knowing that there is the love and support that possibly my daughter needs (and probably myself) will definately help.

I have seen the young persons forum so I will hopefully post there soon.

Thank you and thank you to anyone else that welcomes me into their 'family'. x
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Hi and a very warm welcome to the forum :D :!:

Everyone is really friendly and supportive and I hope you'll very quickly feel like part of the 'family'.

It can't be easy living with JIA so if there's anything we can do to support you and your little daughter, please let us know. :?:

there are other mum's with children who have JIA on this forum so hopefully they'll also be along to say hi and share experiences and info.

Irisx
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Hi Butterfly

Welcome to the forum. There are a few mums on here with little ones suffering with arthritis. You can get to know them all, most are on the young people's zone. I do hope you will stay because it must help to have support from others in similar situations even if we cannot help. At least you know that you and your daughter are not alone in all this which it often feels like, doesn't it? We do understand as we all have the disease in one form or another to a greater or lesser degree.

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.