OA is all they say it is

only49
only49 Member Posts: 1,207
edited 29. Mar 2010, 10:33 in Community Chit-chat archive
hello

felt rested today so i thought i do some hovering got it done eventually but it was difficult, just as well i am a stubborn kind of person and don't like leaving a job half done so i had to really push my self anyway got it done, :):) but it was like a battle between arthritis and sheer stubbornness and a few groans along the way, but one thing struck me how even simple things can be difficult, the list can go on of what i cant or either find difficult but don't want to really think about it too much otherwise it would be depressing and i am far from ready to give in, but it makes a big difference when you got a lot of support from your husband, i been living with this for about 4 years and its not getting any easier, oh well got my good friends here when ever i need them along with them and my stubbornness i keep battling on.

Sylvia
sylvia :)stern02.gif

Comments

• ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Sylvia

I have RA but know how you feel about trying not to let it take over your life. It's brilliant that you don't let it get you down, but be careful that you don't overdo it.

It does affect stuff we normally took for granted, doesn't it? Good job we all have each other on here!

Nx
  • carol101
    carol101 Member Posts: 584
    I have OA in my spine and being only 34 i know exactly how you feel. I have had days where my husband has had to pull me out of bed. I lost so much time off work last year. I have suffered since i was 17 but only diagnosed last Aug. As people on here can tell you, for a while i went into a very dark place.

But there are positives!

This year my Dad beat cancer, over New Year i was facing redundancy, i kept my job and even got promotion! I still work a 40hr week and in Jan of this year i started up my own business. I haven't taken any meds for about 5 months now other than the odd one.

So, chin up and smile :D:D:D

Carol x
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    arther can only win if we let it it might make life difficult and make things slower but we get there in the end with a smile on our faces well mostly
    val
  • only49
    ninakang wrote:
    Hi Sylvia

I have RA but know how you feel about trying not to let it take over your life. It's brilliant that you don't let it get you down, but be careful that you don't overdo it.

It does affect stuff we normally took for granted, doesn't it? Good job we all have each other on here!

Nx
    thats what gets me through it all my good friends here we know what its like only too well
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    It is unwelcome company that's for sure. I am stubborn too, I am the original Hyacinth Bouquet, so having to take it easy on the cleaning has been a nightmare for me. I have a pretend hoover, one of those rechargeable things that flit about and weigh about an ounce, leaving the monster machine to the OH.

I decided that I was going to sort a cupboard earlier, a low down one, (not a good idea), anyway, I was on the floor and stuck within a short space of time, the OH said, "what are you doing, where are you"? In the hall, on the floor, would you be so kind................I was in agony, but nearly wet myself laughing at the same time.
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Oh Bubbles

i have agreat visual image of you....

on the floor.....

tins all out of the cupboard.......

in a pile of wee

laughing madly :D
  • only49
    bubbles wrote:
    It is unwelcome company that's for sure. I am stubborn too, I am the original Hyacinth Bouquet, so having to take it easy on the cleaning has been a nightmare for me. I have a pretend hoover, one of those rechargeable things that flit about and weigh about an ounce, leaving the monster machine to the OH.

I decided that I was going to sort a cupboard earlier, a low down one, (not a good idea), anyway, I was on the floor and stuck within a short space of time, the OH said, "what are you doing, where are you"? In the hall, on the floor, would you be so kind................I was in agony, but nearly wet myself laughing at the same time.
    i loved your arthur adventure as i call it, don't it just really annoy you when you cant do these things and you make your mind up you are going to do it and then pay for it later, at least you can laugh at it nothing else to do, or cry and what the good of that lol
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    I think in a way we are stubborn thats what keeps us fighting we cant let it win & this site helps us to do this. X
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    It's not me Arther that fecks me off so much as the evil vampire bitch from hell who runs our HR department, I would have got better treatment if I had self harmed!.
    Human resouces eh, christ it sounds like a line from the fecking Matrix.
  • ninakang
    I do sympathise with those of you who work for horrible employers who aren't supportive.

That's why the Fire Service are never getting rid of me in a million years - I know how lucky I am!

Nx
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    ninakang wrote:
    I do sympathise with those of you who work for horrible employers who aren't supportive.

That's why the Fire Service are never getting rid of me in a million years - I know how lucky I am!

Nx

Hi Nina got any jobs going there!??
  • ninakang
    They're always advertising office based jobs - you should have a look on your local fire service website :-)

It's surprising how many people leave for jobs in the private sector - I know the pay is slightly higher but the benefits far outweigh the salary difference!

Nx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Sylvia,

Oh you can never underestimate the power of refusing to give in to the pain etc! I was lucky I guess I had oa diagnosed very early in life, its been a long war! When it got to my back I got injured and they were able to operate and well they did a fair bit to the oa while in there. It was 60% successful the consultant said but for me it was incredible..... I got my legs back and after moths of hydro and exercise well I decided it might get me but hell I would give it a run!

I actually remember thinking it as well..... I do a fairy good THAT IT dummy spit apparently :lol::lol::lol: I went to war with it and now well still am though we may have reached stale mate! :lol::lol::lol:

You take care and fight it as much as you can but don't go beyond the point hen the pain really gets you. Cris x

Oh Bubbles, been there...... I think I turned into a beached whale sometime or another........
  • only49
    skezier wrote:
    Hi Sylvia,

Oh you can never underestimate the power of refusing to give in to the pain etc! I was lucky I guess I had oa diagnosed very early in life, its been a long war! When it got to my back I got injured and they were able to operate and well they did a fair bit to the oa while in there. It was 60% successful the consultant said but for me it was incredible..... I got my legs back and after moths of hydro and exercise well I decided it might get me but hell I would give it a run!

I actually remember thinking it as well..... I do a fairy good THAT IT dummy spit apparently :lol::lol::lol: I went to war with it and now well still am though we may have reached stale mate! :lol::lol::lol:

You take care and fight it as much as you can but don't go beyond the point hen the pain really gets you. Cris x

Oh Bubbles, been there...... I think I turned into a beached whale sometime or another........
    hi skezier what really gets me more than anything is the things i cant do, i used to love going for a walk with my hubby and infact today was such a nice day cold but sunny we thought we go for a run out to a beach near where we used to live, and as it was easter holidays we took our son with us, and after only a short distance i had to go back to the car and hubby and son carryied on with their walk, i wish i could of done it with them but i know what was going to happen if i did so i didnt, but however its so frustrating.