Introducing My Self

mirendou
mirendou Member Posts: 25
edited 30. Mar 2010, 13:53 in Say Hello Archive
Hi my name is Alexandra but I prefer Alex (I’m female) and was told I had Fibromyalgia when I was in my mid 20s and then diagnosed with RA 7 years ago after getting a really bad viral infection that actually put me in bed for 4 days (unheard off LOL)
I have what I consider a good sense of humour (I think) and try to laugh off the pain and ignore it.
My rheumy Man says I have a high pain endurance thingy and so there for want take any of his drugs, no saying that they are not good just that I would prefer to be free of them.
I am at the moment on month 4 of quitting smoking and feel really proud and will never smoke again (I hope) as I am told this aggravates RA and Fibro how true this is I do not know but willing to give it a go, mind you I can’t say I feel any better for it at the moment in fact I think I feel worse LOL
Well that’s me as far as I know so I hope I will get to know a few of you now as I only know one other who has this thing and she lives in Norfolk.
So thanks for reading have a great day Alex xx
:D:D

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello Alex
    A very warm welcome to this site, it is a really friendly site and we all support one another, It is brilliant that you have give up smoking, you should be really proud of yourself.
    I do hope to see you posting more very soon, come over to chit chat we have a cafe with calorie free food, we are a bit mad, but you will have a laugh.
    You take care
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • mirendou
    barbara12 wrote:
    Hello Alex
    A very warm welcome to this site, it is a really friendly site and we all support one another, It is brilliant that you have give up smoking, you should be really proud of yourself.
    I do hope to see you posting more very soon, come over to chit chat we have a cafe with calorie free food, we are a bit mad, but you will have a laugh.
    You take care
    Love
    Barbara xx

Thanks Barbare its nice to find a site with like minded (should say like bodied ) people and will definately post and find chat room thanks again xx :P
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Welcome Alex. This is a good place to read and post and realise how much you have in common with others!

Speedalong
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • mirendou
    speedalong wrote:
    Welcome Alex. This is a good place to read and post and realise how much you have in common with others!

Speedalong

I have had this for a while but never joined a group but since stopping smoking and joined the no smoking forum and realised how good it is to have support decided to join this as well, have my hands rebeling but who cares LOL xx
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Hi Alex and welcome!

As the others have said, do come and find the cafe - we are (mostly) slightly mad there, but you can have anything you want!

We've all got something in common even if it goes by different names at times....it's good to have some support and a bit of light relief at times.

Annie
  • mirendou
    annie_mial wrote:
    Hi Alex and welcome!

As the others have said, do come and find the cafe - we are (mostly) slightly mad there, but you can have anything you want!

We've all got something in common even if it goes by different names at times....it's good to have some support and a bit of light relief at times.

Annie
    Thanks Annie will definately call in for a drink so long as you have decaf tea LOL and walk*** crisps cause I luv them LOL
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi

A big welcome to the forums from me too :)

You must have a high pain threshold to be refusing all his tablets - good for you :wink:

Also very well done for not smoking :D

We do decaf in the caf yes, but remember its all calorie free and I'm sure the caffeine cant harm you either in there :wink:

Love

Toni xx
  • mirendou
    frogmorton wrote:
    Hi

A big welcome to the forums from me too :)

You must have a high pain threshold to be refusing all his tablets - good for you :wink:

Also very well done for not smoking :D

We do decaf in the caf yes, but remember its all calorie free and I'm sure the caffeine cant harm you either in there :wink:

Love

Ahhh I can have what I want in the cafe so will be over in a mo, does virtual belly pork and crisps taste as good as the real thing LOL I bet it doesnt oh well you can get used to anything if you can give up the ****, cant you?????? missing the food :cry: more than the cigs which has suprised me.
    Thanks for taking the time to welcome me xx :lol::lol:
    Toni xx
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    Hi Alex just wanted to send you a big warm welcome to the forum and and well done on stopping smoking

Julie
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • mirendou
    snowball wrote:
    Hi Alex just wanted to send you a big warm welcome to the forum and and well done on stopping smoking

Julie

Hi Julie and a warm thank you to you have been looking for the cafe but couldnt find it my sat nav is obviously not working LOL instructions please as gasping for tea now xx
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    mirendou wrote:
    snowball wrote:

Julie

Hi Julie and a warm thank you to you have been looking for the cafe but couldnt find it my sat nav is obviously not working LOL instructions please as gasping for tea now xx
    Hi Alex just click the forums then click chit chat and the caffee is on there, see you soon.
    Julie
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all