Rant.

mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 31. Mar 2010, 12:08 in Living with Arthritis archive
Here I am sitting at work wondering why do I bother and what the hell have I done wrong anyway!?, why do managers HR sharks etc seem to think it's OK to treat people with OA or RA as if they have committed some vile crime, all I ever did was get OA and ever since I have been treated with open hostility, I feel like I'm in a living nightmare and I can't wake up, Jesus it stinks does anyone really think I like living like this!?.
Jesus no wonder so many people in pain get depressed. Sorry for the rant but I feel if I don't vent my spleeen I'll flip, I have nearly had as much as I can stand of this bloody place, and to rub salt into the wound they have just been awarded the investors in people gong!, Ha that's a bloody joke, funny how I wasn't interviewed isn't it?.
Every bloody day I have to defened myself for suffering as I do, so guilty as charged, just get it over with and flippin well shoot me.

Comments

• bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    these people need educating in more than their job ,people skills sound none existent get all the info leaflets and leave them about your works get them sent to management ask them to spend the day with your probs x keep going dont give up xx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Hi

It is ignorance that make people respond to your condition. Do you belong to a union? Have you seen your employer's Occupational Therapist?

Try and raise above any cutting remarks and do your job with dignity.

Sharmaine

mellman01 wrote:
    Here I am sitting at work wondering why do I bother and what the hell have I done wrong anyway!?, why do managers HR sharks etc seem to think it's OK to treat people with OA or RA as if they have committed some vile crime, all I ever did was get OA and ever since I have been treated with open hostility, I feel like I'm in a living nightmare and I can't wake up, Jesus it stinks does anyone really think I like living like this!?.
    Jesus no wonder so many people in pain get depressed. Sorry for the rant but I feel if I don't vent my spleeen I'll flip, I have nearly had as much as I can stand of this bloody place, and to rub salt into the wound they have just been awarded the investors in people gong!, Ha that's a bloody joke, funny how I wasn't interviewed isn't it?.
    Every bloody day I have to defened myself for suffering as I do, so guilty as charged, just get it over with and flippin well shoot me.
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Mel,

I agree its ignorance and they need education but I know long ago I got injured and they found how bad the oa was in my back. My then employers got really nasty and almost threatening cus they wanted me to resign...... Its cheaper that way! I so nearly did but that was just for the phone calls, letters and monthly meetings I would have buckled had I had to be there still working BUT you have to try and stick it out and get them to make the moves needed to get you out f there.

Hang in there Mel and have you got a good rep in your corner? I didn't have (they seemed to think I should just resign) but I actually went to a solicitor and well that changed things. I really hope hings get easier for yo there. (((( )))) Cris x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Hi Mel

:(

Knickers to them - maybe one day they or someone close to them will suffer and then they will look back and see what they did to you.

Investors in people my b*m!!!!

Cris is right - have you own plan whatever that might be - to stay at work as long as you want - or for 5 more years - or retire on the grounds of ill-health Then you stick to it - If they want you out - make 'em work for it.

Well i hope the rant helped a little

Love

Toni xx
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    It's like I say to people never get sick or old in this country your of no worth, and seen as a burden.
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    They say ignorance is bliss, but it isn't, it is just plain ignorance, what people cannot see cannot be there, they are blinded by their own importance and seem to take pleasure in what is tantamount to bullying and open discrimination.

Employers have a responsibility to work with and support people who are disabled, ridicule and singling someone out, is not in their code of conduct. Don't go down to their level of infantile bahaviour, just plot your points and make it a formal matter. 8)

Now breathe and relaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaax. knowing that you are a better person than they are. xx Bubbles
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    HI Mel

hang in there ......... and prove them wrong on all counts :wink:

Their ignorance is tragic, and so hard for you to deal with.

BUT ... you are not alone in this, and there are lots of us thinking of you and standing with you in your fight against injustice.

Don't give up (they want you to do just that I guess :roll: ) but you're worth so much more than that.

As to investors in people :shock: :roll: my hubby's firm are just the same ........ don't give a XXXX for anyone except themselves :x

don't give them the satisfaction.

hugs
    WOnky xxx
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    mellman01 wrote:
    It's like I say to people never get sick or old in this country your of no worth, and seen as a burden.
    That is so true feel like im due for knackers yard any minute!
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Hi Mellman

I hope you're feeling ok today.

Take care

Sharmaine
    mellman01 wrote: