Annoying Advertisements

jaspercat
jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
edited 9. Apr 2010, 19:22 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi, while Malcolm and I were watching tv tonight, I saw yet another Meercat advert, they drive me mad, my cleaner tries to make me laugh by doing the accent but it really winds me up.

While it is a clever play on words they are getting tedious, I am sure someone thinks that Meercats wear smoking jackets, so what I was wondering is: which advert annoys you the most? love Jaspercatxx

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    all of them try to stick to bbc or record so can zipp past them drive me mad just get to good bit in program and go to advert ggggggrrrrrr
    val
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    Mines the go campare :x have to turn the sound off.

Julie
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • lorica
    lorica Member Posts: 187
    snowball I agree with you. I have to turn the sound off aswell gives me a shudder just thinking about it :cry:

Mark
  • only49
    only49 Member Posts: 1,207
    snowball wrote:

Julie
    me too julie cant stand that horrible little man, feel like throwing something at him, any ideas... how about and nice slippy banna skin .... ha ha any other ideas

sylvia
    sylvia :)stern02.gif
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Cilit bang and the dirt is gone, yeah, right and I'm Lawrence of Arabia.
    Go Compare, like many, the sound goes off
    We buy Any Car - with hysterical dancing :x
    Cash my gold, or any other gold buying scam.
    Calm down dear insurance - CALM DOWN - with that bonkers woman dancing with a wooden duck, how much are they paying her?

just about all of them, thank goodness for recording and whizzing through the lot.
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    rehab44 wrote:
    Your cleaner? :shock:

Hi Rehab, I have a cleaner comes in every month to help me around the house, I can't manage any more love Jaspercatxx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    jaspercat wrote:
    rehab44 wrote:
    Your cleaner? :shock:

Hi Rehab, I have a cleaner comes in every month to help me around the house, I can't manage any more love Jaspercatxx

good for you jasper much better things to do with your time
    val
  • snowball
    Impulse adverts, I've tried them all and none of them work for me. Spray it all over and don't get men chasing me :roll:

Julie
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    I cant stand that advert ...if i had gone to blah! blah! dot.com I could have bought these jeans with the money I saved. Boring!

As mentioned before my favourite is Bill Shannon rushing about town on his crutches( Visa flow).Love it. Wish I could race about on my crutches like that.....He s not pretending so that makes it special.He really has a hip displacement.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • quietwaters
    quietwaters Member Posts: 288
    any shampoo and face cream adverts that have an unpronounceable ingrediant that means diddly squat to anyone!!!
    Is there a person who sits and makes these words up or what??
  • only49
    only49 Member Posts: 1,207
    snowball wrote:
    Impulse adverts, I've tried them all and none of them work for me. Spray it all over and don't get men chasing me :roll:

Julie
    confession time Julie i agree i tried all them when i was younger and none of them worked for me either, so i stopped using them and when i was 30 i met my hubby :lol: just proves what aload of rubbish the adverts are
    sylvia :)stern02.gif
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Jasercat,

I have to say I agree with all these and find the miacat one a new way for people to insult me...... you know that simples thing? Well its used by some as a huge sneery put down, or maybe that’s just me who finds that?

For total really annoying I'd have to go with the Vanish adds...... didn't they used to be funny once? Now that smug woman who seems to be able to walk into your home uninvited.......Opps starting to rant at an add :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hope you feeling a lot better? Luv and a ((( ))) Cris xx
  • snowball
    Ear wax advert when you are eating your tea.
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    I think they are all nasty. The Meercat one I cannot stand. Plus all the rest of them.

There is one I do like, Have anyone seen that tot, who comes down the stairs to tell them off for the noise they are making???

I think that one is cute.

Trish xx
  • snowball
    The best advert i have ever seen is the orangeina one with the animals :lol:

Julie
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    I never see any adverts as my hubby is a channel hopper and he flicks around during the breaks ....the amount of times we miss a programme when it comes back on :x :x :x .....that can be far more annoying than any advert :roll:

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • sanmar63
    sanmar63 Member Posts: 117
    snowball wrote:

...And why advertise sanitary items at peak times? :shock:

Half the population has to buy them and we know what they look like - there's no need to embarrass us in front of inquizative children!! :oops:

Sandra xxx
  • snowball
    sanmar63 wrote:
    snowball wrote:

...And why advertise sanitary items at peak times? :shock:

Half the population has to buy them and we know what they look like - there's no need to embarrass us in front of inquizative children!! :oops:

Sandra xxx
    A few years ago i went to a friends house and her son came down stairs with a tampon stuck in his ear and we couldn't get it out, we had to take him to the hospital. Made sure i took a pic before we went though :lol:

Julie
  • katekelly
    katekelly Member Posts: 975
    lindalegs wrote:
    I never see any adverts as my hubby is a channel hopper and he flicks around during the breaks ....the amount of times we miss a programme when it comes back on :x :x :x .....that can be far more annoying than any advert :roll:

Luv Legs :D

Hi Legs same happens in our house that's why I spend so much time on the computer!!! :shock:
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    I can't stand go compair and those flippin direct line adverts do me ed in, also I really hate the ones for old mobile phones and gold, and the one that makes me want to do an Elvis and shoot the TV is the quick quid with it's 2568% interest!, if the fecking government did it's job it would ban thes type of loan sharks no questions.
    I guess their inaction says it all.
  • eileenc
    eileenc Bots Posts: 118
    Any advert with the voices (or faces) of Cannon & Ball or the Crankies have me reaching for the remote control arghhhhhhhhh!!
    I liked the transformer dancing car one though - thought it was quite clever and catchy.
    Eileen x
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    snowball wrote:

Julie
    Me too drives me crazy but I love the meerkats! How sad am I!!!!
  • gypsy14
    gypsy14 Member Posts: 15
    Hi All
    have to agree with snowball Go compare very annoying, goes without saying the sound gets turned down
    also hate any advert with exaggerated oohing and aahing over food. I like chocolate as much as the next person but prefer to eat it in silence! hence v irritated by overacting in new weathers original advert.
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Was there ever a time when DFS DIDN'T have a sale :?:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    joanlawson wrote:
    Was there ever a time when DFS DIDN'T have a sale :?:

That has to finish "Sunday".......but they don`t say which Sunday!