Ana positive , now negative??

anita01
anita01 Member Posts: 43
Hi, My 7 yr old has atypical systemic onset Jia .diagnosed a year ago. recently our tertiary hospital asked for a repeat test, and its come back negative this time,

Can you tell me how this happens and what is the significance of it??She is currently taking Methotrexate and prednisolone.

Thanks. Anita

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,462
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    anita01 wrote:
    Hi, My 7 yr old has atypical systemic onset Jia .diagnosed a year ago. recently our tertiary hospital asked for a repeat test, and its come back negative this time,

Can you tell me how this happens and what is the significance of it??She is currently taking Methotrexate and prednisolone.

Thanks. Anita

Hi Anita

Based on the information above and not knowing exactly what tests your daughter had done again it could be the tests were different this time due to the medication she is on, particularly if it has done its job in containing the condition. It may be more useful for us to have a conversation about it with more information as it is difficult to be accurate without much information. However please do bear in mind that we are not medical and so if would like her tests explained etc it may be worth calling the rheumatology nurse at the hospital where you daughter attends. If you would like us to send you a copy of the book 'Kids with Arthritis' or any other information please feel free to give us a call or private message us with your full name and postal address.

Best wishes

simona