hereditary factors?

dorcas
dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
Morning helpline peeps :D

We've been having a discussion on the LWA forum on whether we see family patterns or links in / or between the various forms of arther and it has thrown up the question of hereditary/ genetic factors. It has made very interesting reading!

Can you shed any light on the subject?

thanks,

Iris x :mrgreen:

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Iris,

I shall be very interested in the answer as well......I know my family is duff cus of genetics but we don't all have the same though my older brother and I have IBD and my kid brother and I have duff bones, mine oa and pa his just didn't grow right..... xx

Hi Help line folk,

Just leaving shortbread, cream and a few cream eggs :wink:

sorry had to edit that.... cram is what dwarfs eat in the Lord of the Rings :lol::lol::lol: Oh for a decent set of eyes! :lol::lol::lol:
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,464
    Hi Iris, Cris and everyone else interested in this topic,
    This is indeed a very interesting topic and yes there are genetic links in certain types of arthritis, however, there are no clear cut patterns when it comes to genetic factors. In fact the genetic issue is far too complicated for us to explain. So as an alternative I thought you might find the following article an interesting read. Follow the link: http://www.arthritisresearchuk.org/about_us/arthritis_news/arthritis_today_magazine/arthritis_today_-_autumn_2009.aspx#non

and click on Focus on Manchester University
    The dedicated multidisciplinary team of scientists at the Arthritis Research UK Epidemiology Unit is unravelling the complexities of disease susceptibility.

I hope that you find it interesting.

Best wishes

Simona
  • dorcas
    thanks Simona!

Iris x
  • skezier
    Seconded Simona x

Hey Iris,

My lot have all proved they are linked and are flaring together again! :lol::lol::lol: The eyes are bad the bones have never been under control and the crohn's seems to have escaped the mtx's hold for a min..... But he got it quite quickly and my fault for eating properly! Jumped the gun a bit :lol::lol::lol: Maybe they will up the dose:lol::lol: Cris xx
  • dorcas
    Cris
    ...and just when you thought you had arther and crohns sussed too. auto is a fly old bu**er :roll: :roll: :roll:

hope you can reign it all in again and maybe an increase in Mtx is just what's needed. my fingers and toes and eyes are crossed for you that it calms down.

lol

Iris x
  • skezier
    Hi Iris ,

Its so nearly working.... I'm only on 10 but for a few days my eyes were a bit better and the crohn's was being clobbered and you know the wrists looked less swollen and then I sat up 3 nights running :wink: Do you think she appreciates what she has don to me :lol::lol::lol::lol: I tell I'd forgive her anything..... A foal just what I needed :D:lol::lol: hey remind me if there are 3 all due together :lol::lol::lol: ((( ))) xx

Oh I don't see the rumo till next month do recon its worth ringing to see if I can take 12.5 before that or better to wait?

Actually thinking about it he wont after just 6 weeks will he?
  • dorcas
    Hiya Cris

Phone rheummy and ask as he might say it is ok to up the dose but it AIN'T a decision you can make by yourself...not with something like Mtx. :shock:

I had Mtx increased from the starting dose....upped by 2.5mgs every 4 weeks until I got to where rheummy wanted me to be.....so your rheummy might be happy to give you the green light as 6 weeks have gone by but you can't assume. :mrgreen:

NO guessing though...and you need help with the arther so pleezzz phone :?: :?:

(helpline peeps....you agree don't ya?)

(((hugs)))

Iris x

Primrose has a lot to answer for...knew she was ' trouble' first time I saw that wicked wee look in her eye. Gawd knows what will happen when the others arrive. :roll: :roll: you do need to sleep sometime Cris. :!: :!:
  • skezier
    Hi Iris,

Its ok I wont up it my self, promise! I don't really understand what its meant to do re the bones but the wrists are less swollen and hurt more so its after the bones and it did have crohn's on the ropes and probably still would have if I hadn't eaten properly...... or I have adjusted to it so its not so effective? Any ideas?

Hey for me its been a good drug........ remind me I said that if my hair started to fall out :lol::lol::lol: Now that would complete the bag lady omsombo :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I might give it another week and then ring him.... I can't tell him its not helping the crohn's any more can I after all he is rumo not a gastro......

Oh Iris she has the witch in her :wink: She is really a tonic and you know however much the sitting up takes out of me its always worth it.... but if there really are 3 together will it be then :lol::lol::lol: ((( ))) xx
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,464
    (helpline peeps....you agree don't ya?)

Oh yes we do :lol:

Yet more sound advice from the sagacious Scot. :idea:

Have a good day, Iris & Cris, hope the sun is shining where you are. 8)

Paul