hiya!!

jane36
jane36 Member Posts: 24
edited 6. May 2010, 17:26 in Say Hello Archive
hiya, i have just joined this evening so thought i wud say hello! i have been diagnoised with ra last yr, and have been struggling on and off since then. look forward to chatting to people and sharing some tips on how to get through some of the more difficult days.
jane x :)

Comments

• tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    jane36 wrote:
    hiya, i have just joined this evening so thought i wud say hello! i have been diagnoised with ra last yr, and have been struggling on and off since then. look forward to chatting to people and sharing some tips on how to get through some of the more difficult days.

Hello Jane - and welcome to the forum! I only joined recently and have found everyone really helpful and friendly. I too have RA so I can really understand your struggles and I know you will find lots of support here. The "Living with Arthritis" forum is a good place to ask for or give support on specific matters and the "chit-chat" forum is well worth visiting for all sorts of (mainly) non-arthritis chat. We also have a "cafe" thread in the chit-chat forum where you can pop-in for a cuppa and a chat - and the cakes are scrummy! So, a warm welcome to you.Tillyx
  • jane36
    jane36 Member Posts: 24
    hiya tilly, tahnk u for the welcome and the info, am slowly but surely finding my way around to the other forums!! i am not very good at this computer thing so takes me ages to find my way around. am looking forward to making some new friends and having lots of chats. hope to catch u again for another chat soon. thanks again for the warm welcome.
    tillytop wrote:
    jane36 wrote:

Hello Jane - and welcome to the forum! I only joined recently and have found everyone really helpful and friendly. I too have RA so I can really understand your struggles and I know you will find lots of support here. The "Living with Arthritis" forum is a good place to ask for or give support on specific matters and the "chit-chat" forum is well worth visiting for all sorts of (mainly) non-arthritis chat. We also have a "cafe" thread in the chit-chat forum where you can pop-in for a cuppa and a chat - and the cakes are scrummy! So, a warm welcome to you.Tillyx
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    jane36 wrote:

Hi Jane

A warm welcome from me.

There are a lot of us with RA on here. This is a nice friendly site too. If you have any questions you will find you will get a bigger response on LWA.

We also have CChat where there are many topics to reply to. We also have the cafe where you can pop in and have a cuppa talk to some peeps there is always someone in there.

Hope to see you posting soon

Love Trish xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Hi Jane

A big welcome from me too :D

I hope you will fin this site as helpful and as supportive as me :)

I wouldn't be without it or the people I have met on here.

Take care

Toni xx

PS if you're into grdening there's Tilly's garden as well as the acfe to pop into :)
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Hi Jane,
    I was diagnosed with R.A at 36. I felt so young and alone at the time and of course there was no Arthritis care forum in those days to chat to likeminded people. Just had to muddle on through.Hope you will post on the other threads and get some answers to the many questions I am sure you have,
    Regards
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Jane
    And a very warm welcome from me, you will meet lots of friendly people on this site, any questions you have , post them in LWA and come and join us in chit chat, its where we all relax and have a laugh.
    Hope to see you posting more very soon.
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • deborahjane
    deborahjane Member Posts: 120
    hi jane i was diagnosed at 35 with with ra i am nearly 50 now,it is worrying at first,but once you are on right meds you should feel better,you will get plenty of tips and help on this forum. :)