Hello from Carolan

carolanivey
carolanivey Member Posts: 64
edited 8. May 2010, 11:23 in Say Hello Archive
Hi, just introducing myself. I'm Carolan and I've had RA since age 5. I'm a wife and mother of two adult children, hold a college degree, and work from home as a contract writer. I write technical documentation, marketing copy, web content, and technical procedures. For fun I write fiction.

I have two miniature dachshunds. Scratch that - actually they own me. :)

I practice Reiki, and have obtain master/teacher certification in the Usui, Karuna and Celtic methods.

My family and I love to travel, and several years ago my husband and I were lucky enough to take several trips "across the pond" to Scotland, Ireland, Wales and Cornwall.

I've had this disease virtually all my life, so anything you'd like to ask, feel free. If I haven't experienced it, I probably know someone who has. :)

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Carolan

Very pleased to meet you :D

Wow!! you are busy :wink:

I agree the animals own us - not the othere way round :wink:

One of the others on here reckons they are all her 'employers' :? think she could be right....

So where are you?? Are you in Australia?? I'm sorry I can be a bit dopey myself.... :oops:

Love

Toni xx
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Hi Carolan and welcome! As you say you have (unfortunately!) got a lot of useful experience to share! So welcome - and look forward to your posts.
    Tilly :)
  • wibberley
    wibberley Member Posts: 421
    Hiya Carolan and welcome to the forum!

Sounds like you lead a very busy and full life. I've never tried reiki but have friends who love it - it's on my list of to-do's!
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Hi Carolan

A warm welcome from me. This is a very friendly place and the people on here are nice. We try to help and support one another. You will be a great help on here.

We have the LWA where most of us go to post questions.

We also like to relax and have some fun, we do that on the CChat Forum. There are a lot topics on there that you can reply to.

We also have a cafe where we go for a cuppa and a natter. Perhaps you would like to call in and meet some of the people.

I hope to see you posting soon

love Trish xxx
  • carolanivey
    carolanivey Member Posts: 64
    Thank you for the warm welcome!

Toni, I'm in the Toledo, Ohio area. We've been here about four years. :)
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Carolan,

Hey a welcome from me as well. Glad you made it to Cornwall, don't tell the others but its the best bit of the UK :D

I also agree animals own you. My lot tricked me to signing a contract in blood to work and slave for them for ever :lol::lol:

Hope you find help here as well as being able to help others and its nice to meet you. Cris x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Thank you for the warm welcome!

Toni, I'm in the Toledo, Ohio area. We've been here about four years. :)

Wow!!

Well you are very very welcome here :D Cornwall may well be one of the best bits here Cris is right (dont tell her :wink: ), but scotland is beautiful too :D

Love

Toni xx
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Welcome to the forum Carolan, you won't find a better group of people to share and natter with. Hope to see you posting soon and popping into the calorie free cafe. XXX Bubbles
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Carolan
    A very warm welcome from me, the people on here or so friendly, and support one another, I hope to see you posting more very soon.
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara