Hi!..Am newbie..

rebecca1
rebecca1 Member Posts: 30
edited 12. Jun 2010, 16:25 in Say Hello Archive
Hello. My name is Larain.
I have Rheumatoid Arthritis.
I live in rural Scotland and the nearest hospital is around 25 miles away. I stopped driving when it became too painful. I have 6 monthly appointments and get flustered when I see my consultant so often forget all the things I want to ask and feel I can't tell him how I really feel because he treats so many people every day.
Anyway i'm waffling... :oops:
I am hoping that I will be able to access the help and information I need here and also to make friends with people who know how I really feel. Sometimes family and friends don't really understand..
Thank you.

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Larain

Good to meet you :D

You are so right - family and friends ofetn don't really understand and also you sometimes feel you can't burden them with your worries. This is the place for you :)

Have a look round the forums and join in wherever you want - you will get a warm welcome.

Any particular issues post 'em on teh living with arthritis thread.

Lots of us have problems with communicating with our rheumies :( Others will ahve tips for you.

Good to meet you and hope to see you around.

Love

Toni xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Larain
    You waffle all you want, we all do it, and we have a rant when we feel like it.
    A very warm welcome from me, this is such a friendly site, and people are so supportive.
    You will gets lots of information, and questions answered.
    I do hope to see you posting more very soon.
    Love
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • rebecca1
    Thank you so much. I look forward to talking with everyone... :)
  • biddybeth
    biddybeth Member Posts: 45
    Hi all, I'm Beth. I joined only a few days ago. Hope I have logged this in ok, I'd love to hear from fellow RA sufferers. Felt a bit better today, probably due to the brilliant weather. Spent lotsof time in the garden, my favourite place. Had a rough couple of weeks and not sleeping too well, but as I said, great what a little sunshine can do.
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Hi Larraine - and welcome! You will find lots of support on the forums and some good, cheering light-hearted banter too!
    Hi again Beth - good to see you posting - and you're right, a bit of sunshine does wonders!
    Tilly x
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Welcome to the forum Loraine not-tagged-smiley-10220.gif you are amongst lovely people, very supportive and caring, hope you enjoy the discussions and chats, pop into the cafe for a cuppa as well, we have a lot of fun in there too. XX Bubbles
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • rebecca1
    Thank you so much everyone for the warm welcome..xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    biddybeth wrote:
    Hi all, I'm Beth. I joined only a few days ago. Hope I have logged this in ok, I'd love to hear from fellow RA sufferers. Felt a bit better today, probably due to the brilliant weather. Spent lotsof time in the garden, my favourite place. Had a rough couple of weeks and not sleeping too well, but as I said, great what a little sunshine can do.
    Hi Beth..and a very warm welcome from me...you will find everyone so friendly..like you say the sunshine has appeared at last :) hope to see you posting more very soon
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • biddybeth
    biddybeth Member Posts: 45
    tillytop wrote:
    Hi Larraine - and welcome! You will find lots of support on the forums and some good, cheering light-hearted banter too!
    Hi again Beth - good to see you posting - and you're right, a bit of sunshine does wonders!
    T
    illy x
    Hi Tilly, Ive had a brilliant day today. Went to our local Garden Show which I love every year. Quite exhausted, but a good night's sleep will sort me out. Hope you are ok.