Hello There

elainebadknee
elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
edited 19. May 2010, 17:39 in Say Hello Archive
Hi there...I am new to this site and in need of some advice/experiences of kneecap removal surgery....

Since the age of 17 have had oesteochondritis dessicans in left knee and have had various ops to remove loose bodies. Knee is now chronic, had arthroscopy 10 weeks ago, no relief and been told have no cartilage behind knee. Only been offered kneecap removal op as tol am too young at 41 and half!!! to have knee replacment surgery......Have only found opinions on US sites as to how successful or rated this op is and would love to hear from anyone willing to tell me experiences or their opinion....Have 4 weeks till go back and give surgeon ny decision - kneecap removal or 2nd opinion???? He tells me I have "lifestyle options" and he would hate for me also to get an infection with knee replacement but he wont consider me till Im 60!!!

Any replies be most welcome....Thanks muchly...

Elaine :?

Comments

• scorpio
    scorpio Member Posts: 159
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    sorry to hear that Elaine, i have pain in my right knee and know how hindering it can be

you have my thoughts

someone will be along soon that can provide you with information though, so dont fret

welcome to the boards,

warm regards, chris
  • elainebadknee
    Thanks Chris, hopefully someone may enlighten me.....US comments suggest its not a success but Im still not sure......Its hindered me driving, working and walking all this year.......

Have a good day

Elaine
    scorpio wrote:
    sorry to hear that Elaine, i have pain in my right knee and know how hindering it can be

you have my thoughts

someone will be along soon that can provide you with information though, so dont fret

welcome to the boards,

warm regards, chris
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello Elaine
    And a very warm welcome to this forum, sorry I cant help with your question.
    If you post in LWA you may get some answers, good luck and hope things improve for you very soon.
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • elainebadknee
    Hi there Barbara and many thanks for good luck.

When you say post in LWA is that what Im doing? sorry, ultra new to all this!!! Doh!!

Elaine :?
    barbara12 wrote:
    Hello Elaine
    And a very warm welcome to this forum, sorry I cant help with your question.
    If you post in LWA you may get some answers, good luck and hope things improve for you very soon.
    Barbara x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Elaine
    Go to the top of the page, and you will see living with arthur. clik on new topic and write your question, you have to give it an heading.
    Dont worry it took me ages to find my way around
    Love
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Hi Elaine

A warm welcome from me too.

The people are all very nice on here. We try to support one another with tips or advice.

I'm sorry to hear about your knee, as Barbara has said if you post on the LWA you will get more people answer you. I'm sorry that I cannot help with your knees.

I do hope you get answers to the questions you ask from the people on here.

Trish xxx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi elaine

and welcome form me too :D

Hmmmph! is what I say hmmph!!!

you ahve a long time to wait till you are 60!!

If you had the removal can you have a new kneecap when you are 60?

No other options?

I just dont get it - surely they wanbt you mobile?
    Toni xx (shaking head form side to side)
  • elainebadknee
    Thanks Barbara, got it now and posted on there too........
    Elaine
    barbara12 wrote:
    Hi Elaine
    Go to the top of the page, and you will see living with arthur. clik on new topic and write your question, you have to give it an heading.
    Dont worry it took me ages to find my way around
    Love
    Barbara x
  • elainebadknee
    [
    Aw thanks forr warm welcome have finally found LWA and got on there.......Tips always welcome.

Elaine
    quote="trisher"]Hi Elaine

A warm welcome from me too.

The people are all very nice on here. We try to support one another with tips or advice.

I'm sorry to hear about your knee, as Barbara has said if you post on the LWA you will get more people answer you. I'm sorry that I cannot help with your knees.

I do hope you get answers to the questions you ask from the people on here.

Trish xxx[/quote]
  • elainebadknee
    Hi Toni

Well yeah 60 is a heck of a long way and yes I can have replacement if have removal but think sucess rates are less so....Youd think they would want me mobile I mean even me dad is fitter than me but hes had a new knee and hip!!!!! It seems my age and weight is an issue or maybe its monetary.......

Thanks for welcome....Cool username btw

Elaine

frogmorton wrote:
    Hi elaine

and welcome form me too :D

Hmmmph! is what I say hmmph!!!

you ahve a long time to wait till you are 60!!

If you had the removal can you have a new kneecap when you are 60?

No other options?

I just dont get it - surely they wanbt you mobile?
    Toni xx (shaking head form side to side)