Hi another friend of Arthur

jaen333
jaen333 Member Posts: 10
edited 26. May 2010, 10:52 in Say Hello Archive
Just found out Arthur is my best friend :cry: - hey ho - looks like we now living together so need to get to know him. :roll:

At least I know what is causing the pain - lived with a painful knee I damaged as a teenager and the aches and pains that come with the fifties (I am 57). Bit of a shock few months ago to suddenly have problems standing up and getting about etc etc.

So doctors and blood tests and result was not nasty bone disease (my symptoms were pointing that way) but osteo Arthur had come to live with me.
So lots of questions - best mattress hard or soft - get lot of pain in shoulders during the night - exercise - how much etc etc
Frustrations of coping with my lifestyle

Looking forward to sharing info - Cheers Jaen :)

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Jean,

Welcome to the forums and sorry you have had to find it.

There are a lot of people who have mattress toppers or memory foam mattresses, they say they help. Exercise... enough to keep mobile but not enough to hurt or till be aching 2 hours later I was told but I think so much of what we are told is down to the person telling us's preferences actually :roll: It all can get confusing.

If you post your questions over on the living with forum you will get a lot more answers as a lot of us (I being one of the main offenders) don't wonder in here that often. Hope you have a decent day and nice to meet you. Take care Cris
  • jaen333
    Hi Cris
    Will get my self over to living with and chat - busy day my other half coming back from his yearly golf trip with the boys (more booze than golf) and his birthday today so doing bbq - getting as much done now before it gets too hot - no internal thermometer so struggle with extreme changes in temperature that happen quickly - hey ho.

Have a great day yourself and look forward to info sharing

Cheers
    Jaen
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Hi Jaen

Welcome to the forum, look forward to seeing your name on the other zones with lots of questions. I had OA in my knees, but no longer as have had 2 TKR's one 2.5 years ago and one this year at the end of January. We have an electric bed with foam mattress - very comfy! I do about 1 hour exercise, 6 days a week and ride my bike locally. I really feel that this daily routine has helped me keep as mobile as I am. for the past year or so I have added 15 minutes daily (hula) hooping to my "regime" and I really enjoy this, but do not do any tricks!!

Enjoy your family's homecoming, the BBQ and hope there is a cake for the birthday boy!! :lol:

Look forward to hearing from you soon,

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • jaen333
    Hi
    Many thanks for your message

What is TKR's - guessing knee replacement.

Many thanks for your info - Looking forward to all the info - our bed is quite firm and wondering if this what causes pain in my shoulders in the night, have tried so many pillows but fidget so much they dont work.

Will look at topping for mattress - we full time in an american motorhome so electric helps are a non starter :cry:

Fantastic life :D but Arthur making some areas hard work.

Yep have choc cake and cream for the sooooo sweet tooth of the birthday boy. Just rang on his way home. yippee.
    Enjoy the rest of the day
    Thanks Jaen
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    jaen333 wrote:
    What is TKR's - guessing knee replacement.Jaen
    Spot on, Jaen, Total Knee Replacement. Shame you cannot use a microwave, I find a heated wheatbag, around my shoulder or whatever is aching, :roll: of great comfort. more versatile than a hotwater bottle. What an interesting life though. :D There are various threads on pillows if you wish to scroll down, but perhaps you have tried them all! :lol: Or type pillows in the search, may be a quicker way.

Have a great time, :D Beautiful weather.

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello Jaen
    Lovely to have you on the forum, sorry you had to find us, but you will get lots of support, and everyone are so friendly.
    Gosh an american motorhome I went inside one once, it was like a stately home.
    I hope your OHs party went well and you didnt over indulge :):)
    You take care
    Love
    Barbara xx :)
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Jaen

very pleased to meet you :)

sorry arthur is living in your house too :x grrr!!!!!

Elna is the best person to talk to about knees - she has had both done and is a brilliant supporter to us all.

You take care

Love

Toni xx
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Hi Jaen - and welcome from me too! You will find lots of support and advice here - and some good lighthearted fun too (which, let's face it, we all need!
    Love Tilly x