ESA update

Options
happy_feet
happy_feet Member Posts: 93
Hi all you lovely people hope everyone is ok.
You might remember I had my ESA assessment last month, well it looks like I failed it. I got a letter this morning from the DWP and in it said they will no longer be taking deductions from me as "I will no longer get ESA"
No mention of my assessment whether I passed or failed, but with them saying I am no longer getting ESA obviously Ive failed and will be expected to find full time work with PA, epilepsy, depression, Inverse Psoriasis and hypothyroidism.
Theyre having a laugh!
I still havent received the report from the examiner but they manage to send me a letter saying I wont be getting ESA??
I Emailed my MP and received a letter saying they are contacting ATOS on my behalf, and they will contact me when they receive a reply.
I sent an Email again to my MP today about the letter I got from the DWP and got an instant reply from the office manager saying theyre sorry about my continuing difficulties and said "I would urge you to appeal" and to contact citizens advice.
I also spoke to the rhuemys secretary today they rang me about starting MTX (Im not going to do it Im scared) and she knew about ATOS and said the rhuemy has been helping people regarding them and she will see him about it, hes on holiday this week though. And she said there was nothing on my notes about ATOS or the DWP contacting them about my PA so that also goes against them.

Anyone going through this do not give up its what ATOS want! This is all about cutting costs and lining their own pockets, we pay our NI and taxes but when we need help we are told to b***er off! I dont think so!!

Comments

• markc1
    markc1 Member Posts: 253
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    happy_feet wrote:
    Hi all you lovely people hope everyone is ok.
    You might remember I had my ESA assessment last month, well it looks like I failed it. I got a letter this morning from the DWP and in it said they will no longer be taking deductions from me as "I will no longer get ESA"
    No mention of my assessment whether I passed or failed, but with them saying I am no longer getting ESA obviously Ive failed and will be expected to find full time work with PA, epilepsy, depression, Inverse Psoriasis and hypothyroidism.
    Theyre having a laugh!
    I still havent received the report from the examiner but they manage to send me a letter saying I wont be getting ESA??
    I Emailed my MP and received a letter saying they are contacting ATOS on my behalf, and they will contact me when they receive a reply.
    I sent an Email again to my MP today about the letter I got from the DWP and got an instant reply from the office manager saying theyre sorry about my continuing difficulties and said "I would urge you to appeal" and to contact citizens advice.
    I also spoke to the rhuemys secretary today they rang me about starting MTX (Im not going to do it Im scared) and she knew about ATOS and said the rhuemy has been helping people regarding them and she will see him about it, hes on holiday this week though. And she said there was nothing on my notes about ATOS or the DWP contacting them about my PA so that also goes against them.

Anyone going through this do not give up its what ATOS want! This is all about cutting costs and lining their own pockets, we pay our NI and taxes but when we need help we are told to b***er off! I dont think so!!

Its unbelievable isn't it? don't you feel really angry about this treatment.What on earth is happening in this country when on one persons say so you lose out.
    I got no points at all on my assessment on ESA from my,ahem,'professional'what a joke!!!!!
  • chrisn68
    chrisn68 Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi, sorry they turned you down, thousands are turned down each week. The assessment is a total farce!!

Did you contact them to tell them you want to appeal? You need to do this so that they will continue your payments.

You should contact Citizens Advice or Community Legal Advice, these people deal with hundreds or cases each week and have a lot of help and advice. They will fight your case and take it to a tribunal for you. I know someone who works for a CA and they told me that 75% of all appeals are overturned at tribunal so dont give up!!!!

Best Wishes
  • happy_feet
    happy_feet Member Posts: 93
    Options
    Hi thanks for the replies!
    Yep Im going straight to citizens advice - when I get the notification that I failed -they havent even sent me that yet so I cant appeal They sent me a letter saying deductions have stopped as I will no longer get ESA and they havent even sent me the notification that I failed how incompetent!!
    Ive complained - again! This time to the DWP. :x

Are citizens advice welfare rights? Ive heard welfare rights are the best as they go to appeal with you?
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hi Happy feet, yes I agree with Chris, The citizens bureau are very good at this sort of thing, have the info at their finger tips and research what they don't know.

Shame rheumy is on his hols but great that he used to and prepared to help patients fight this battle too.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Speedalong
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.