Don't know where to start....

widget
widget Member Posts: 22
I am so low and upset. I thought I was dealing with having arther but I dont think I am. I dont have anyone to talk about how I feel and just sit and cry my eyes out. I am not in any particular pain today just frustrated that I am not able to do things as I used to and fed up with the tiredness I always seem to feel. I am on Metho and have have also been prescribed sulpha but have had to drop back to three tablets a day as four are making me feel so sick and yuck. I dont want to ask for anti sickness tablets as I dont want to have to take anymore tablets.

I am sure that everyone feels like this, I just dont know where to start to shake it off.

Lesley

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    hi lesley sorry you are going through this you are not alone, we all understand as have all been through this and still do from time to time. come on and talk to us or call help line they are great. what you are feeling is normal so do not worry would be more worried if you had not at some stage gone through this. but it will get better i promise try to stay positive and have a laugh when you can a good pal on here helped me through bad time yesterday was in loads of pain and not happy but when some one is there and understands it makes so much difference pm me if you want sending gentle ((( hugs))) val
    val
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    It takes time, widget, it takes time. Arthritis isn't just about one's joints not working, it affects everything to do with your life. You are the same person, you are not. You can do things, then you can't. You have better days, you don't. It's a never-ending wheel of mis-fortune, you think things are getting better, the acceptance is beginning, then it all spins round again and you feel as though you have done/learned nothing.

You sound as tho you are fairly new to all this: I wish I could tell you it gets better but I won't lie. What does get better is the way one reacts. One becomes more familiar with the ups-and-downs, you learn how to handle both. Your life has changed. It takes time, widget, it takes time. Dreamdaisy
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Hi Widget,

It is good to have you on the forum.

You can talk about your arthritis here as much as you need to and no one will mind as to different degrees everyone is in the same boat. Read the threads and you will see that everyone has good and bad days, fatigue is a big problem and enearly veryone struggles with pacing themselves. How long have you had your diagnosis? How long did you wait to find out what was causing your problems? You can't ignore arther (as arthritis is often nicknamed on here) but you can adapt and find ways to cope and not let him get the better of you too often.

Keep reading and posting - day or night - there is nearly always someone posting.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,464
    widget wrote:
    I am so low and upset. I thought I was dealing with having arther but I dont think I am. I dont have anyone to talk about how I feel and just sit and cry my eyes out. I am not in any particular pain today just frustrated that I am not able to do things as I used to and fed up with the tiredness I always seem to feel. I am on Metho and have have also been prescribed sulpha but have had to drop back to three tablets a day as four are making me feel so sick and yuck. I dont want to ask for anti sickness tablets as I dont want to have to take anymore tablets.

I am sure that everyone feels like this, I just dont know where to start to shake it off.

Lesley

Hi Lesley

As you can see you have lots of supporters out there who really do know what it is like to live with arhtur and they are always there to support you through the bad and the good. If however you feel it would help to talk then helplines is just a call away. The line will open monday morning at 10am till 4pm.

In the mean time I hope you are able to enjoy some of the sunshine today or the football. Whatever floats your boat ;)

Best wishes

Simona
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Lesley,

Flower I so know what your mean...... Its not always easy to stay up beat and cheerful. This bone stuff make too many limitations and well the frustration now I tend to use to find a way round things. It doesn't cure the sadness inside but it does help.

How your feeling will pass and its very common I think to feel the tears not too far away but you will get there.

I have to say I also felt terribly sick (and a few other things on the sulfa) but now the mtx has been upped I have had to get some anti emetics...... Lesley they are so worth it and its only a few tablets extra. I know when I have the drip they use long acting anti emetics and you might just need one of those per day...... Don't loose out on helping the bones for the sake of a tablets or 2 extra. I know I hung out fr a while but now..... I would snarl if they tried to take them off me :wink:

leaving you a (((( )))) and a hope for a better tomorrow. Cris x
  • widget
    widget Member Posts: 22
    Hello everyone. Thanks for all your very nice comments & advice. I do feel a little better today.

I was diagnosed last year at 35 and was ok with it until arther started to affect my knees and I now find I am unable to walk around shows or places like I used to. I also find it hard that know one can see it and people dont understand the tiredness, pain etc that comes with it and I get a little fed up of explaining why I am tired all the time.

Thanks to all once again

Lesley :P
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I know what you mean widget, it's the loss isn't it? Once I could do stuff, now I can't. I'm older than you (51) but mine started when I was 37, and I remember the frustration at not being able to walk, swim or cycle without huge swelling in my left knee and great discomfort. It is a lot to take in, a huge adjustment has to be made. It's not easy. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Lesley, do you have a good GP? I feel that you need to make an appointment, to talk everything through.

You make it plain that you`re not happy taking more meds, but, if they help, that can only be a good thing.

However, what I actually picked up on sounded more like a sense of loneliness with this awful disease than anything else. Your GP could arrange for you to see a Counsellor, who would listen to whatever you felt you needed to share, in a very safe, confidential environment. A therapist trained in Person-Centred counselling would be who you would need. Do consider it.........Ange.