Tommy and the blackbird

joanlawson
joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
edited 1. Jul 2010, 16:37 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi

I usually leave a dish of dry cat food in my conservatory for my cat, Tommy Tucker. Because of the hot weather, I have been leaving the doors wide open, and a blackbird has started coming right in and helping himself to the food. To my amazement, Tommy seems quite happy to share his food with the blackbird, and he just sits there watching it. He makes no attempt to catch the bird, or even scare it away, so it is interesting to watch them. Maybe it would be a different story if the blackbird gets a bit too tame though. :!: :shock:

Joan
c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif

Comments

• ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Sweet :D

Nx
  • joanlawson
    babycham wrote:
    Hi Joan Hi Tommy T.. I think this is the way with mainly black Toms they seem to have a real laid back approach to most things ....Be carefull black bird it could all change Our Tom who is also black with white markings will allow the two girls access to his food most off the time But not his chicken then they have to watch out ...Alan siamese cats are know for being a little odd incredibly pretty though we have always had moggys with normal eyes :):):):) but mine go a bit red when angry hee heeXBabycham

Tommy is tabby and white. You can see some photos of him ( and me) on my links on my profile. I don't know how old he is because he was a stray. I think he is too well-fed and lazy to bother catching a blackbird.
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Our chickens like the cats food so i try to keep them away from it. I am not surprised the black bird likeing it. The cat accepting it another matter. He must be a kind cat :D
    Joanne
  • joanlawson
    suncatcher wrote:
    Our chickens like the cats food so i try to keep them away from it. I am not surprised the black bird likeing it. The cat accepting it another matter. He must be a kind cat :D

Hi

The blackbird has been in and out again all day today. It is the male bird who comes. The female looks interested, but she is too nervous to come near the cat. The male seems fearless though. He doesn't even bother looking in Tommy's direction, and you can almost see Tommy thinking,''Oh it's him again'', and then going back to snoozing on his favourite chair. I think he is more lazy than kind.