widdows

valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
hi been to physio this week and when examining me she said have lump growing where widdows hump appears i am 49 so question is is it arther or is it normal for some one my age to get this. will ask physio when go back but she on holiday next week so will be two weeks till can val
val

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Val,

Define 'normal' flower..... Its something the bones can do if they are aggravated or bending that way for some reason. I really hope you have had a check out for op? Sometimes it can be cus of pain ..... If you hurt you change your posture and that I have to very careful of..... I'm there with you flower, and mine is inflamed, well hot and a bit red....... I was told exercises to try and keep it straight and to watch how I stand and sit....

Don't know how much of this is just me but you can fight back a bit but do need to get the op checked out. Luv and a ((( ))) Cris xx

Oh Val I have brought a goodies box over for the helpline folk from the cafe..... They got bickies, cdm and several trays of eggs :lol::lol: best give them so clotted cream, jam and scones as well eh? :wink:
  • valval
    skezier wrote:
    Hi Val,

Oh Val I have brought a goodies box over for the helpline folk from the cafe..... They got bickies, cdm and several trays of eggs :lol::lol: best give them so clotted cream, jam and scones as well eh? :wink:

great idea they need to keep there strenth up. thanks for info doing exercises will see if they made any difference when go back fingers are crossed 49 and falling to bits not great lol
    val
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 11. Jul 2010, 19:00
    Hi Val

I am not aware that it is caused by arthritis unless perhaps if you have arthritis in the neck that will not help matters. I thought it more a posture thingy and can be hereditary. There are exercises that one can do, so I believe. Big breasted women can be more prone to widow or dowagers hump because of posture. I have also read that osteoporosis can have something to do with it too. There is quite a lot about it on the internet. I would ask your physio to tell you more about it and perhaps she can give you some exercises to do.

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Val,

They need feeding cus they do a real good job!

I know arthritis can do this (Elna I have extensive in my neck and hope your dong ok? xx) but its really cus it hurts so I avoid upsetting it and am making it happen.... if that makes sense? You do need to get checked out for OP cus that really can do it.

Flower its no joke but if I have learned nothing else I have learned muscles are your very best friends when it comes to backs...... Ask the physio for some exercises and I think there are some on the AC site actually......

Hey 52 and fallen apart especially today :wink::lol::lol::lol: xx
  • valval
    just had to pull old comp out to put flash drive in ouch was not good idea should have waited till steve got up neck arm and shoulder screaming waiting for pain meds to kick in and could not do what wanted as work old version on old comp lol and not compatible with new one ggggrrrrrr printer old and does not worl on lap top as it is paralelle not usb so is life full of little probs
    val
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,464
    Dear Valval,
    I’m sorry it’s taken us so long to get back to you, we have been a little short staffed. I’m afraid here at the helplines we are not medically trained and do often here about ‘widows hip’ so it might be an idea to check this out with your GP who can investigate this further.

For the pain your experiencing you may find it useful to see our ‘coping with pain booklet’
    http://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/PublicationsandResources/Listedbytype/Booklets/main_content/PainbookletJuly09.pdf

These computer problems are set to try us, I do hope it’s now fixed, do remember that you can always call us here on the helplines to have a good old moan.

Best Wishes
    Adele
  • valval
    thanks no prob as all the gang helped out with advice they a good lot on here val
    val