flossy46
flossy46 Member Posts: 39
edited 14. Jul 2010, 12:54 in Say Hello Archive
hi everyone. my name is linda and i am new on this forum. i haven't been diagnosed with any form of arthritis yet but i do think i have it as i am in occasional pain in several joints. i have been told i had a slightly raised titer on an antibody blood test but my doctor doesn't appear to be too concerned about this. i recently went to see the endocrinology department at my local hospital and they suggested that my doctor referred me to the rheumatology department but so far nothing from my doc. i am beginning to think that my pain is all in my imagination as all the blood tests i've had so far don't show anything. :cry:

Comments

• trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Linda

A warm welcome from me.

It is possible to have arthritis without it showing up in your blood tests at first. Even furthur down the line it could still not show.

When you get to see the Rheumatologist they may be able to help you more. There are bloods taken x rays also scans and other tests they do.

Some people on here have waited for quite a while to see the Rheumatologists while others seem to get an appointment quicker.

If you have any questions, post them in the LWA Forum more people will see it there. If you are not sure about something someone might know the answer.

We also have the CChat Forum where there is always lots going on. We like to relax there also have a laugh.

There is also the Helpline they are very nice as well.

Well, I look forward to seeing you post soon

love Trish xx

The people on here are really nice and friendly. We all try to help one another. If you need to have a rant that is ok. We also try to be supportive and help one another.
  • flossy46
    flossy46 Member Posts: 39
    thanks for the reply. i have posted on LWA and got a few helpful suggestions. still waiting for the helpline team to get back to me about my question on their forum.
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    hi it not in your head we have all thought that it a matter of keep going back to gp then they try something different each time when they have been through there steps will pass you on to some one else the only thing is to go back and tell them of the pain and exhaustion we forget that a big part of arther. good luck we are here for you and help line team bit slow this week prob got some one off they will get there they are very good as a rule val
    val
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    flossy46 wrote:
    thanks for the reply. i have posted on LWA and got a few helpful suggestions. still waiting for the helpline team to get back to me about my question on their forum.

Hi

There is a shortage of staff at the moment they will get around to answering you though.

Take Care

Trish xxx
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Hi Linda

As others have said, your bloods don't have to show raised results, for you to have arthritis, keep on at your GP and or Rheummy. There are other tests they can do, even simple x rays can show changes, then there are scans, CT or MRI. XX Bubbles
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Hi Linda and welcome from me too!

As the other peeps have said, arthritis doesn't always show up in blood tests - and when it does, the blood test results don't always reflect what is actually going on. So please don't think it's all in your head! Hopefully you will get a rheumatology appt before too long - although you might have to chase your GP if you don't hear back.

Will pop over to LWA to read your other posts in a min.

Love Tilly x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Linda and welcome
    So sorry you have had to find us, but you come to the right place, the people on here are so suppotive and friendly.
    I do hope you stay with us.
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara