benefit reforms

oneday
oneday Member Posts: 1,434
edited 30. Jul 2010, 06:07 in Community Chit-chat archive
on news today mp IDS is saying about putting people back into work and to make benefit system (sounds like top ups) so that people wont be worst off working than receiving their benefits.
how on earth is this going to work because at the moment many work and get less than benefits...
are govt going to give loads of exisitng low paid workers more money? dont think so as they are already cutting tax credits.
dont see how this is going to work at all
p.s Boris on tv atm...nice to be so happy on income he is on!

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    how come all these with high wages are so stupid . what happened to housing for police ,nurses ,caretakers ect that they used to get at reasonable prices wardens also all done away with why do they all talk about cutting green house admisions then say care workers have to have a car what happened to people working an area that they can walk around why do they have to go here there and any where on my high horse today lol better go before get myself banned lol
    val
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    i agree.
    remember "police houses" where they lived in community. If as led to believe 1 in 5 are public sector workers and not high paid 25% of council properties should be solely for these workers.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    You wont get banned Val what you say is true

You are both so right - it makes you very depressed if you sit and think about it.

Guess what we have to do is contact our MPs and SAY something??

Love

Toni xx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    they also get far more money than us lol. they also changed the rules on how they claim money back and what invoices they accept making them pull there hair out more red tape know it to stop the same happening but it does get silly.
    val