no more treatment update part2

saraht
saraht Member Posts: 17
edited 6. Aug 2010, 07:47 in My child has arthritis
mornig everyone, lucy did okay with her steriods last week, had more bad news though as lucy had xrays just on her hands and feet and the results have come back with lucy having significant osteoporosis in numerous joints of her hands and feet, it called steriod induced osteoporosis, in other words caused by long term use of steriods. so the plan to use steriods again is now up for debate, also that needs now treating so that means more treatment for her to go through, i think the plan is to just keep lucy as pain free as possible for the time being, i feel really scared that i may lose my beautiful daughter, it feels worse now than when she was first diaganosed as back then there were lots of options now there are hardly any for my lucy. take care all.

Comments

• illihor
    illihor Member Posts: 283
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    saraht wrote:
    mornig everyone, lucy did okay with her steriods last week, had more bad news though as lucy had xrays just on her hands and feet and the results have come back with lucy having significant osteoporosis in numerous joints of her hands and feet, it called steriod induced osteoporosis, in other words caused by long term use of steriods. so the plan to use steriods again is now up for debate, also that needs now treating so that means more treatment for her to go through, i think the plan is to just keep lucy as pain free as possible for the time being, i feel really scared that i may lose my beautiful daughter, it feels worse now than when she was first diaganosed as back then there were lots of options now there are hardly any for my lucy. take care all.

Oh no poor girl hugs, hope things start working out soon for you

Michelle xxx
  • anniesmum
    anniesmum Member Posts: 102
    Oh how really scary for you - I am sorry. I dont know what else to say apart from than I am thinking of you and your beautiful brave daughter. Hang in there and please keep in touch here. Lucy x
  • lucymum
    lucymum Member Posts: 113
    so sorry to hear Lucy is not well!! She is lucky to have an amazing mum like you to help her out!!
    I know it is so hard to see her in pain but I am sure everyone is doing their best x x
  • andylambs
    andylambs Member Posts: 71
    I'm so sorry to hear that Sarah. I hope they can keep Lucy pain free. Best wishes to you and her.

Andy
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    This is a well-known side effect of long-term steroid use - was she not put on alendronic acid too? That is supposed to offer some protection against developing osteoporosis. I am so sorry, poor girl, what a dreadful thing to happen. One would think in this day and age that something could be done - I cannot comprehend the frustration you must be feeling. Thinking of you and I wish you both well - I just wish I had more to offer. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben