Methotrexate 2.5

louise38
louise38 Member Posts: 18
Morning,

A strange question for you, On Monday to took my usual dose (15mg) or Methotrexate but my hubby had to give them to me cos they were in a child proof bottle and I couldn't open it!! any way I noticed that 1 was a different size and slightly different shape than the others!! Weird I thought, the one that was different had the markings on. M and 2.5 and a line. The others didnt! I checked my new prescription bottle and all those were unmarked too! Am I being given a placebo, that would explain why its not working!! I thought all drugs had to be marked!

Help anyone??

Lxx

Comments

• scattered
    scattered Member Posts: 326
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    When I was on MTX pills they used to be small and yellow with no markingd on at all. I just had faith in the pharmacist that they we're the right stuff!
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,464
    Morning Louise

The only people that can answer this one is your dispensing pharmacist. Mistakes do happen and it is best not to wait considering it is your methotrexate dose. Make sure you tell them its not been working. Let us know what happens. Good luck

Best wishes

Simona
  • louise38
    Thanks Guys,

I'll nip into the chemist when I go to the GP's to pick up my mtx booklet before I go to Rheumy tonight!

I'll keep you informed.

Lxx
  • jordansmum
    jordansmum Member Posts: 257
    just had the same thing with jordans repeat prescription no markings and slightly bigger we went back to the chemist who reasured us things were fine he showed us the difference in the two strenghs same colour different shape. hope this helps
  • louise38
    Well I am back!

The Methotrexate is correct and like Jordansmum the pharmacist explained the different markings or lack of them and changed them to all the usual markings for me and gave me the bottle and leaflet this time!

As for the Rheumy - are they getting younger??? He must have been 14!! anyway I've had another steroid injection in my right cheek and increased mtx.

Here's hoping and fingers crossed (if only I could - not been able to do that for months now!!)

Thanks for your support.

Lxx
  • adviseseeker
    adviseseeker Member Posts: 1
    Hi guys,
    I would like your advise here. Doctors suggested to Mum to try Methotrexate the other day. I read on internet, it seems its a very powerful stuff... What do you think? Does it work for you? My Mum's been diagnosed with arthritis 10 years ago and she is on the stage when one of her wrists (left) can't move any more. Docs said the bones already glued together....Can she avoid similar situation on her right hand? Othewise she won't be able to use a mouse and she won't be able to send me emails:)

All your thoughts and comments on Methotrexate would be helpful! Thanks a lot! xx
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,464
    Hi there,

Best first place to go for our information in answer of your question would be our booklet on living with rheumatoid arthritis
    http://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/PublicationsandResources/Listedbytype/Booklets

It explains clearly why strong drugs like methotrexate can be necessary for the prevention of long term disability.

But obviously people have their individual views on using medications - if you'd like to talk about this, do ring our freephone.

hope that helps
    Guy