Been for a job interview today

Rainbow77
Rainbow77 Member Posts: 275
Thanks for your tips on writing a cv. I found a really lovely template and then updated mine. I then emailed it and got an interview!! So it must of been ok.

I have just been for the interview - it was for a special educational needs teacher at an independent school just 10 minutes drive from my house.

It went well, they went through everything I had put on my CV and asked lots of questions and I had a tour of school. They have 2 more applicants to interview and they will let me know next week.

It was a really good experience though, don't know if I fit what they are really looking for but we'll see as it is a new post. They will let me know next week.

Fayann xx

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    It sounds positive, at least they saw you and that is the hardest step sometimes. Let us know the outcome. I have only ever taught in the independent sector - it can be gruelling in terms of hours but the satisfaction levels are high. I now work as a private tutor for dyslexics - I am fortunate in that being self-employed I can tailor my hours as necessary. I wish you well. Dreamdaisy
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Sounds promising Fayann, well done you. Have you taught special needs before? Working close to home is a bonus. Keep us updated.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • marion1952
    marion1952 Member Posts: 963
    Hoping it works out for you Fayann..

Marion x
  • gemmapetken
    gemmapetken Member Posts: 263
    hi
    well done for getting an interview
    have you heard from them yet???
  • Rainbow77
    Hi

Thanks for your replies, I have not heard anything yet but too much of a chicken to phone up and ask!!!

They re-advertised the job in the paper on Friday. The first advert was just one line and the second one has a lot more detail, so they are probably going to see who else applies and then decide.

I still have a chance ... :roll: :roll: maybe?

Fayann xx
  • marion1952
    Hi Fayann

I'm a great believer in fate - if the job is the right job for you, you will get it. if it's not the right job, then the right job is still waiting round the corner for you ...

(hope that makes sense - honestly, I've not been at the vino)

Marion x
  • Rainbow77
    Thanks Marion

I have total peace about the job situation. I also believe that if it is the job for me I will get it. I know schools are busy places, even in the holidays, so they are probably dealing with other things.

Fayann xx
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Yes I too believe what will be, will be ... Keep looking and applying Rainbow - it just widens your choices.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Hi Fayann :D

just been catching up with your post. :wink:

have you heard anything yet?

Iris x
  • Rainbow77
    Hi Iris

I have just emailed the head teacher today to ask him. He replied that he offered the job to another candidate today and should the post become re-available then he will be in contact accordingly.

So I did not get the job, perhaps I was second or he was just being very polite. But I think it is rude that I had to contact him to ask and they did not let me know when they said they would.

Anyway, not too worried. Just updating all my information with supply agencies for sept and I may have another course booking in the pipe line. It has not been confirmed though.

Thanks for asking

Fayann xxx
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Hi Fayann,

sorry you didn't get this job...but hope there will be others that appreciate you better. :wink: it is very inconsiderate of them not to have contacted you with their decision. :x

good to hear that you've dusted yourself down and looking afresh at the next steps towards a worthwhile position....good on you. :!:

iris x
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    HI Fayann

so sorry to hear that you were not successful this time, but maybe they didn't contact you quite yet because the offer had still not been accepted by the person they had chosen .... I think most places wait to tell the others they haven't got it just in case the first person says no ...... so you may yet get a chance.

sending you hugs
    WOnky xxxx
  • marion1952
    Hi Fayann

Sorry you didn't get this job - teaching posts are so very, very competitive at the moment.. Glad that you are not too disheartened though, and hope that something else comes up soon ..

Marion x
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    sorry the job did not work out but do not give up i am sure the right job is out there waiting for you stay positive and you will win through good luck val
    val