Arachnophobes look away!!

Options
joanlawson
joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
edited 23. Aug 2010, 16:27 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi

I'd just been reading that Sky TV are doing a 3D video of spiders to help arachnophobes

http://3dradar.techradar.com/3d-tech/sky-threatens-arachnophobes-3d-spiders-13-08-2010

WHEN :!: :!: I looked down and there was the BIGGEST spider I've ever seen running across the carpet towards me. :shock: :shock: :shock: I swear its legs were about three inches long, and it had BIG eyes on stalks :!: :shock:

I rushed into the kitchen to get a glass to put over it, in the hopes of catching it and putting it outside, but when I came back, it had disappeared. Now it must be lurking somewhere in the room, but WHERE, that is the question :?: :?:

p010.gif
c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif

Comments

• trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Awe Joan

I have seen those big spiders. I'm not surprised you ran to the kitchen but I would have made hubby go and catch him.

I have not forgot the one that bit me last year when I was in the Hospice. I have the scar after the blisters went into one and then burst.

Good luck hope you find him :shock: How do you know if a spider is a him or her?

love Trish xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Who cares about the gender? They are the WORST CREATURES ON THE PLANET. I Dyson them away. Works every time. No spider can withstand the lovely Mr D's cyclone technology. DD

PS Joan - it went into the dark. They like dark, hidey-away places, 'cos they is dark, hidey-away monsters.
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I havent seen too many this year. I loathe them too but my proudest moment(Ive led a shelterd life) was when I held a tarantula and stroked it. I still dont know how or why......

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • joanlawson
    Options
    delboy wrote:
    I'm reporting you to the Royal Society for the Protecion of Spiders DD.

There's an average of 1 spider per sq foot of house and they are miraculous creatures. They eat flies and that's good enough for me.

I don't kill them, Del. That's why I went to get a glass to put over it. I was also protecting it from my cat, who would gobble it up if he caught it. Now that's a thought :!: maybe that's where it disappeared to :shock:
  • joanlawson
    Options
    tkachev wrote:
    I havent seen too many this year. I loathe them too but my proudest moment(Ive led a shelterd life) was when I held a tarantula and stroked it. I still dont know how or why......

Elizabeth

OOH you are brave, Elizabeth :!: I have held a snake, but don't think I could touch a spider :shock:
  • joanlawson
    Options
    trisher wrote:
    Awe Joan

I have seen those big spiders. I'm not surprised you ran to the kitchen but I would have made hubby go and catch him.

I have not forgot the one that bit me last year when I was in the Hospice. I have the scar after the blisters went into one and then burst.

Good luck hope you find him :shock: How do you know if a spider is a him or her?

love Trish xxx

Hi Trisher

I can't answer your question, but while looking up information about spiders, I found this. Don't read if you are of a nervous disposition :!: :shock: Definitely don't play the video either!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/8023413.stm :
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Well you learn something new everyday.

E x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Options
    I'm sure I read somewhere that if spiders did not exist then by now insects would rule the world and we'd be long gone
  • joanlawson
    Options
    The spider in question reappeared this morning, I am pleased to say, and it has been safely returned to the garden, so I can relax again :D:D