Dragon Naturally Speaking for Advanced computer users?

rachelj
rachelj Member Posts: 121
Evening all,

I work from home 3 days a week and last week I had a home workstation assessment. They want me to start using dragon naturally speaking, however i am a server administrator. Has anyone any experience of using the high end versions of the product for doing computer set ups, changing system properties, and dictating commands?

I am feeling a bit worried they are pushing me down a dead end to reduce the amount of typing I do.

Rach

Comments

• Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    HI Rach

I have been looking into using DNS myself, although not for your kind of work, and Joseph (livinglegend) has been very helpful with advice as he uses it himself.

there have been several threads about DNS on the LWA thread and also on Chit-Chat I think. If you do a search you should find them.

good luck and I hope it helps you ..... I saw a demo on one of the shopping channels and it looks really great. I'm really tempted to get it ..... just got to get more RAM for my computer first :roll: :roll:

good luck!

WOnky
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    have just bumped up a thread on the LWA forum called 'dragon voice activated software' ..... you will see what joseph/livinglegend has already said about it and could always Private Message (PM) him for more specific info ....... he is the resident 'agony uncle' for most technology-related problems :wink:

hope that helps

WOnky