Moving Office

joanne6658
joanne6658 Member Posts: 17
Hello All, I'm just looking for some advice on a work related situation.

I suffer from PA and have done for 4 years. I currently work for a large manufacturing company in the administration department and they allowed me to reduce my hours in Feb this year under the DDA. We are currently in a ground floor office which we moved to in Feb/March this year.

We have now been told this morning that we are moving to an office right round the back of the factory, which is a good 10 minute walk from the main entrance. This however is not my main concern, my main issue is that the new offices are up 2 flights of stairs with no lift.

I am really concerned about this as I do struggle with stairs and being on the ground floor is perfect for me.

I need advice on how to broach this officially, I have an update meeting with the Occy Health Nurse next week and I don't know whether to mention it then or speak to my manager seperately?

Any advice would be hugely appreciated :-)

Comments

• speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi, I can understand your concern.

What are the reasons for the move?

I don't really know much about how to tackle this, hopefully some other peeps might come along with some suggestions.

Who are you most comfortable speaking with? I would choose them to raise your concerns with. What is the ground floor room going to be used for in the future? Try not to worry, there may well be an easy solution to this.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I would mention it to OH first because
    1. its documentated
    2. they could offer suggestions ie. could you remain in place youre at now etc
    3. they could tell manager that they have to make reasonable adjustments for you to contiunue in your job

Also if you had a union rep see their health and safety person.
    I would look into this before you move.