FLOATING LUMP

daimler
daimler Member Posts: 68
edited 1. Nov 2010, 05:53 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi peeps, how r u all, i seem to have developed a floating lump on my knee cap, that moves around :( has anybody got experienced this :? off to docs next week.

Comments

• woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello, Sorry, no help, but is it a soft lump or a hard one? Unless you are sure I'd take it to my gp, if it's still there tomorrow. I know my Mum had a swelling like a cyst, when she had bursitis of the knee.
    Love Sue
  • daimler
    thank for getting back Sue, it does seem like a sac but i have fluid building up now around it also same feeling in my elbow :?
  • daimler
    its seems to be a hard lump
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Hi daimler :D

Is it painful?

best anyway to see your doc about this... the sooner you get it seen to.. the sooner you'll know what's causing it and also get some treatment and pain relief.

I recently had both knees drained of excess fluid and injected with steroids... both knees were very swollen and painful and had what I can only describe as 'pockets' of fluid around them.

hope you get it sorted out soon.

Iris xxx
  • carola
    carola Member Posts: 786
    Don't know if they are the same as mine.

I experience x2 different types of floating lumps.

One of them I get on my neck and I picture it like a pea in a bag of soft jelly that I can almost ping about my neck.

The other type I get on my knees and elbows - various sizes and become rather hot and squishy.

Let us know what the doc says.

Carol
  • daimler
    yes off to docs wednesday, will let you know what he says, i seem to remember my father having this, and he had to have his knee drained which i distinctly remember him saying how painful it was, and the fluid resembled lager :? it prob was :roll:
  • cthornley
    cthornley Member Posts: 627
    Yes I've got one on my left knee
    It developed after a bad fall, when the huge bursa finally disappeared i was left with a lump that moved around and when knocked is excruciatingly painful. Initially the GP thought it was a chipped kneecap but x-rays showed it wasn't.
    I am currently waiting for my referral to orthopaedics for further investigation.
    Hope you get yours sorted
    Chrissie
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    My Mums was of the knee after a fall and I got the blame because I let the rabbit out and she fell over the fence chasing it!!! :oops: She had the bursa removed, but this is years ago, when i was little, so treatment will have moved on and even then it was'nt a big op and she came straight home the next day! :oops: I wan't flavour of the month!! :oops: :lol: LOve Sue