poppys

valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
edited 31. Oct 2010, 13:26 in Community Chit-chat archive
i have always worn a poppy to show respect to those who have fallen but do not put it on till a week before rememberance day when do you wear yours they get earlyer and earlyer on the telly why it does not mean they actually care just they are following the crowd what do you think val
val

Comments

• coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    i always buy poppys, and i usually buy a big one for my car. i havent seen anyone selling them here yet, but i havent been out much the past couple of days.

my children wear them also. when there brother is serving away they carry a yellow ribbon untill he is home again.

coco xx
  • valval
    coco67 wrote:
    i always buy poppys, and i usually buy a big one for my car. i havent seen anyone selling them here yet, but i havent been out much the past couple of days.

my children wear them also. when there brother is serving away they carry a yellow ribbon untill he is home again.

coco xx

you all wear them with respect that they should be worn with . not because it the done thing it anoys me when people do not give it the thought they should
    val
  • carola
    carola Member Posts: 786
    I totally agree that we should all take the time to think about the meaning behind wearing a poppy however my money is of more use to them than my thoughts therefore regardless of why I see lots of poppy wearers, how early and why I am just glad that we all dig into our pockets and buy the poppies.

Hope you are all having a decent weekend.

Carol
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I always buy a poppy, more than one in fact, but I don't tend to buy them until the end of the first week of November. November is the Remembrance month, to my way of thinking. I do have a large one for the car, which goes on at the same time as I buy and is removed on November 30th. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Hi. we wear our poppies every year, starting on the 1st november, I feel that it is the least that we can do, not out and about much this year due to my broken ankle love Jaspercatxx
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    I wear a poppy every year, my youngest son bought mine the other day while I was in the car, when I tried to put it on it fell apart :roll: probably my clumsy hands. When ever I am out I always put some money in there collection box, but only take one poppy from my first donation.

Jules
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    i wear my poppy with pride for my dad you was a Japenise prisioner of war and came out the other side , but also for the ones that have lost thier lives and the ones that are still out fighting for peace , one poppy but many donations if i see a collector on the corner my hand hit the purse x
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Never really thought about when I put it on, I usually wear it as soon as I find someone selling them and then wear it till it tears, falls off my coat or I remember to take it off when I notice no one else is wearing theirs.

I always observe the 2 minute silence as well. How many others do?

Nxx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    I have bought mine, and will wear it from the 1st November, only things is how the blooming eck do you keep then in , I usually end up buying quite a few....but I dont mind
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • valval
    i always observe the silence it the least we can do to remember those lost and injered on out behalf it suprising how many people still carry on and do not give it a thought
    val