Alarmed

elainebadknee
elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
edited 31. Oct 2010, 14:44 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi Guys

My dad has a Volvo S60 and on the whole it has been fine....However just this week the blasted car alarm has been going off whenever it pleases...Dad had been able to disarm it but guess what last night....
In bed 03.30 and in sub sleep hears the whine of alarm, thought is it or am i dreaming? Gets up and sure enough the thing is flashing lgiths and screeching like a banshee....Woke dad up as I dont know what he does to disarm it - he hadnt even heard it!!! He was last stood in his shortie pyjamas waiting to see if it went off.....Said he got to bed finally at 04.30 after going out in PJ's and coat!!
So glad ive only got an older car - Y Reg Fabia.....

Is that the Hall 'o' ween ghouls making their mischief??

Lol

Elainex

Comments

• patriciamary
    patriciamary Member Posts: 117
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Elaine

Must be halloween mischief. I drive a Honda HRV never had a moments bother with it. Goes for its service and MOT once a year and other that tyres not spent a penny more on it. I was to pick my youngest daughter up at the station today, got in the car and it wouldnt start. Battery needed a jump start. Dont know how or why this happened but it jump started and its ok now. Glad it wasnt earlier in the week because OH was away all last week and came home late last night so he was on hand to do the necessary.

Regards
    Trisha
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Have you Googled the fault?, you never know you might get lucky and find someone who knows what you can do??
  • elainebadknee
    Hi PM

Oh that happened to me last year when was in Skipton...Had to join AA there and then and had to later purchase a new battery...I suppose we expect cars to go on forever dont we?
    The fact that they are all computerised now i think makes them so comlplicated...

Elainex
  • elainebadknee
    Hi Mellman

No we aint googled it, think its all to do with computer in car.....The vovlo dealers here are extortionate mind you but with this sort of problem what else can you do?

Elainex
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Hi Elaine yeah not what you mean but local garages are normally not that up on all types of car so it's a catch 22 isn't it, our Rav 4 clutch went Pete Tong and oddly the local Toyota dealer was slightly cheaper that any local grease monkey!, good luck anyway I hope you get it sorted.