Samhain

robertls
robertls Member Posts: 2,304
edited 31. Oct 2010, 13:46 in Community Chit-chat archive
To those of you of the Celtic faith........

Happy Samhain........

And my thoughts are with those who have crossed over to the spirit world in the last 12 months.....

Respectfully....................

Rob x
Roba045.gif

Comments

• mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Thanks robertis, I had radio 4 on this morning and it made ny blood boil, they have Islam Hindu Christians on there and even talked to a priest about "reclaiming" Halloween for the Christian faith, they did however mention it was a Pagan date but said it was about the spirits of the dead coming back to the land of the living and scared the hell out of everyone in doing so and that was it!, it's slightly deeper than that, The BBC and Christianity here practice religious apartheid when it comes to the true first religion of these isle's, makes me so angry when ironically paganism fastest growing religion here right now, they bend over backwards to appease and "encompass" Islam and Hinduism but totally shut out the very religion that was here first and one that Christianity has tried it's best to destroy over the centuries, so now they just shut it out and treat it as a joke.
    GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :mrgreen:
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    do you think that is because what they do not understand they are scared of instead of learning all they can so then a balanced opinion can be formed they just spout the same old responces in the hope they will not look ill informed who can look at a tree in all its glory and not be touched deep inside what ever we call it we all have to live in harmony with nature val
    val
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    I think it's due to the fact Pagans have much more fun and don't take themselves to seriously and it drives them batty, also I would imagine they have a bit of a guilt trip for what they did to them all those years ago.
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    Mel can you recommend any good books on Pagans as I would like to learn more. Thank you

Jules
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    we have a meeting at one of our local pubs they wanted me to go but did not i think being born near stone henge might have something to do with the way i look at things but do not really go one way or another live and let live there more things in this world we do not understand than that we do val
    val
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    valval wrote:
    we have a meeting at one of our local pubs they wanted me to go but did not i think being born near stone henge might have something to do with the way i look at things but do not really go one way or another live and let live there more things in this world we do not understand than that we do val

How very true.

Jules
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all