Update from Jaspercat

jaspercat
jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
edited 3. Nov 2010, 15:38 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi Everyone, here I am 6 days back from hospital, the community physio is coming every week to help with walking practice, also advising me on muscle strengthing exercises, the community O/T is coming next week, though I already have alot of equipment, the rehab team are helping with washing and dressing etc.

I can't say that I am not getting help and advice, improving walking with the stick, although my left ankle remains very swollen and painful, just thought I would keep you all informed love Jaspercatxx

Comments

• speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Jaspercat, sounds like you have a great team supporting you. Now all you need is even more patience and allow time, rest and physio to let you recover.

Keep up the good work!!

Speedy

PS this isn't meant to sound patronising, but supportive ...
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Thanks for the update Jasper. You are showing great patience and I think that is the way to go. Glad they are looking after you so well. Still it is nice to be back home and I bet Malcolm is so pleased to have you back where you belong.

Sorry that your left ankle is still giving you so much trouble though.
    Gentle hugs,
    Lv, Ix
  • josiec
    josiec Member Posts: 386
    Dear JC,
    I hope that you continue to improve now you are home, sending very best wishes, Josie xxxx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Kim,

Tis good your home though! I am glad they have got a few bits of help there for you and with a bit of luck the recovery will go well. Keep an eye on the ankle though flower. Its getting the balance right between elevation and exercise. I really hope they will be able to advise and hep you this coming week and still really glad your home. Love and a ((((( ))))) Cris xxx
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Hi Jasper,

That's such good news - each day you'll get a little better and will be recovered before you know it :wink:

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi Jasper
    You sound as if you have a fantastic team there.....so the rest is up to you I suppose.
    Thanks for letting us know

Love
    Hileena
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    hi Jasper, lovely to hear from you! glad you are recovering well.
    It must be good to be back home again.
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Hi Kim :D

Glad to get your update and hear such positive progress :wink::D

sounds as though you've got lots of support and a good rehab plan too..... now just need for that left foot to ease up. :wink:

must have been such a relief to finally get home...and to be back in your own comfy bed.

(((hugs)))

Iris xx
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Glad you are at home and feeling better, Kim - it's been a long hard road for you!

Sounds as if you have got the best support.......all you have to do now is speak to that ankle of yours very firmly!

Annie
    xx
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    HI KIm

so glad that you are sounding so positive ..... and what a lot of helpers you have. Bet it takes it out of you all these new faces, but how fab to be in your own home.

loads of hugs from me and slurps and tail wags from littlelegs

WONky
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Hi, It must be great to be home! I'm glad they are giving you all the stuff you need and sorting out a physio. Thank you for letting us know. Good luck with coping at home!
    Love Sue
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Kim,

Just leaving you a ton of ((((( )))))'s and have put a skips worth there so you can keep having them. Love Cris who will get back to you once I lost the second head I grown :wink: xxx
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    Hi Jaspercat.
    i'm pleased your home you are being looked after good.
    take care. joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Hello I'm glad to hear that you are at home again and that you are getting help. You've had a rough old ride and must be glad to be at home, I hope that things continue to get better and you see some improvement soon. Love and Get Well wishes, Sue