Off To HMP On Thursday

elainebadknee
elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
edited 2. Nov 2010, 12:22 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi All

And no ive not been a bad girl and done anything wrong....Actually going for an interview and taking with me the half tree worth of paperwork that ive had to fill in for the process....Got 2 forms of ID, one photographic, bit signed by countersignatory and two other id which address however they asked for ones with issue dates etc, have only got passport, they need one with NI number and only stuff ive got is from jobcentre letters re ESA....Now find out i need another photo signed by countersignatory to get in the car park.....
Seeing bloke at JC for mock interview, will be fun!!!
So pocketish duty for me on thursday,its at 13.00pm and takes me an hour to get there, so will have to leave at 11.15am taking into account in case i make a wrong turn....

Not that i'll get it but hey can but try...Sol's coming in car...LOL

Elainex

Comments

• speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Good luck Elaine, hope interview goes well and you get the job. Having a mock interview to prepare is a great idea.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi Elaine
    Count me in for pocket duty.....you dont know you wont get it!!!!! but it will be experience anyway.

Love
    Hileena
  • alarkra
    alarkra Member Posts: 213
    What does HMP stand for? :roll: I'm slowly getting there with all these abbreviations! When I get this one, I'll add it to the thread with medical abbreviations!! :P
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    her majesty's prison.....?
    Good luck Elaine.
    x
  • cebeem
    cebeem Bots Posts: 472
    Great news for you Elaine!
    wishing you lots of luck and very big pockets for all to fit in! :)
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Count me in too Elaine for pocket duty..... just don't leave any of us behind ! :D
    k045.gif

very best of luck with the interview :wink: :!: :D

Iris xxx
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Hi Elaine,

Good luck for Thursday. It should be interesting. Has Sol got his ID ready? :wink:

Lv, Ix
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    good luck!

I'll be in your pocket too :D

thinking of you

WOnky
  • elainebadknee
    Hi speedy

Yes mock interview is good and i feel all jobseekers should be offered this service but as im on ESA i get extras so to speak...

elainex
    speedalong wrote:
    Good luck Elaine, hope interview goes well and you get the job. Having a mock interview to prepare is a great idea.

Speedy
  • elainebadknee
    Hi Hileena

Well I do but im gonna have a go put myself forward as someone who maybe could and yes good experience....

Elainex
  • elainebadknee
    Hi Alarka

Its not medical its me not explaining...It is Her Majesty's Prison....Its an admin job...

elainex
  • elainebadknee
    Correct

Thanks for good luck...

Elainex
  • elainebadknee
    Thanks Cebeem

Big pockets needed...

Elainex
  • elainebadknee
    Hi Iris

Youre counted in now youve confirmed.....Try not to leave you all behind and get meself out safely too....Oops///

Elainex
  • elainebadknee
    Hi I

Um he's applied for an amphibious passport but cant get him to sit still long enough for photo, so far only got a leg and an eye!!!

Thanks for luck...

Elainex
  • elainebadknee
    HI Wonky

Yeah you clamber in and listen out for keys locking us in???

Elainex
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    HI Wonky

Yeah you clamber in and listen out for keys locking us in???

Elainex

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I was once given the dubious honour of a visit to Lancaster Prison, as part of some voluntary work I was doing. No-one told me that the walkways were all mesh (and therefore see-through) ... and not to wear a skirt :oops: :oops: :oops:

Lancaster prison is in one half of Lancaster Castle .... surrounded by a park if I remember rightly ..... and muggins had to walk up to the huge big castle gate and ring the bell. Was let in ok, although it felt a bit odd being locked behind so many gates :?

funniest thing was when I left I sat on a bench nearby to decide what to do next, to overhear a little boy, maybe 8 years old, telling his mum 'i'm going to go and knock on that door there and they'll let me in' ..... which didn't impress his mum who told him not to be so silly they wouldn't let him out again if he went in ......... and he piped up .... but that lady rang the bell and they let her in ... and out again! :oops: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

enjoy your visit!

WONky
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Good luck Elaine hope all goes well x
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Hi, The very best of Good LUck, my fingers are crossed for you!

Love Suexxxx
  • elainebadknee
    Hi Wonky

Good story it actually reminds me of when i used to work in a motorway service station one of my jobs was to climb up the ladders on the tankers check they all had correct amounts of fuel (33,000 litres for petrol, 27,000 for diesel)...Once i got over the shock of what i had to do first time, got used to drivers saying they would look up my skirt as used to wear quite thick, warm tights!!!!
    I think Lancaster prison may have chnaged now as thats where civil service offices are and the famous ATOS have their premises there.....The castle is just near there but think prison has now been moved as has asylum which was famous when i frist moved here for obvious reasons!!
    I believe where im going used to be military grounds so should be fun!! NOT!!!

Elainex
  • elainebadknee
    Thanks Bertyboy :-0
  • elainebadknee
    Hi Sue

Thanks for fingers crossed n good luck..

Elainex
  • dippydoodah
    dippydoodah Member Posts: 350
    Best of luck with the interview Elaine, fingers crossed for you x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Oh Elaine

ALL the very very best of luck for Thursday

So very exited! Shame about Sol :? He would have been 'rivetted' :lol:

Love

toni xx
  • elainebadknee
    Lol

Good one, re Sol, like i said this dude's got his own following on here???!!!!

Elainex