Options
misfit76
misfit76 Member Posts: 3
edited 29. Nov 2010, 13:58 in Say Hello Archive
Hi there everyone

I have recently been diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis... trying to get my head round it.

I am 34 and a mum to 4 children, i was recently at uni but have decided to defer for a year while i get myself sorted.

I have recently started Methotrexate (beginning of sept).

Looking forward to reading how everyone else copes with it.

:D

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    misfit76 wrote:
    Hi there everyone

I have recently been diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis... trying to get my head round it.

I am 34 and a mum to 4 children, i was recently at uni but have decided to defer for a year while i get myself sorted.

Hi Misfit, welcome to the site, sorry you had to find it though. I have a different type of Arthur to you so am on different medication, but if you post something on the Living With Arthritis section, some nice folk will no doubt pop along and try to help you. I know there are a few on here that are on the Metho..

Hope you're not suffering too much

Tony :mrgreen:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • angelgirl7
    angelgirl7 Member Posts: 118
    Options
    misfit76 wrote:
    Hi there everyone

Hi Misfit76

I joined this forum yesterday as I was diagnosed with Osteoarthritis on Monday. I know different to you, but maybe feel similar.

I am 34 and a mum of 2. I am a trainee Teaching Assistant studying for my diploma.

Hope to talk soon
    Beckie X
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hi misfit76, welcome to the forums, it is a shame you have had to find us! I have had PA for 14 years or so now, I am on meth and can truthfully say that I have no problems with it whatosever. I hope it helps you: everyone reacts differently to the meds we are given so I hope it is proving to be a smooth journey for you. Is it helping at all? I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Hello Misfit and welcome from me too.

Sorry to hear about your PA diagnosis and that you have had to defer your uni course. I really hope that you are seeing some benefit from the methotrexate - there are lots of us out there taking it (me included but for rheumatoid arthritis rather than for PA) and there are a number of forum members who have PA so you are in good company!

Tilly xxx