Not sure im going to be able to stay on at work

Options
katknapp
katknapp Member Posts: 709
Ive done two days at work after being off for 5 months,and im in so much pain with my back(i have been diagnosed with spondiloarthris),Really not sure what to do now?ive cut my hours to 16 hrs per week 4 hrs a day and i am allowed to be cashier for 8 weeks only,my ssp has run out so where do i go from here?has anyone got any advice?my gp's is rubbish and just told me he couldnt advice me i would have to go to cab so no help from that quarter :(

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh dear, kat, I don't think I can help that much. What pain meds do you have? What does your work usually entail? Is cashiering a good option for you or not? I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • katknapp
    Options
    Hi dreamdaisy,cashiering should be ok but within a day of being back my manager started saying about me walking around serving customers which is something i have told him i cant do at the moment and i have also found hes put me in for christmas overtime and im supposed to be easing back into work slowly, the words "Banging my head against a brick wall springs to mind"!!!!!!! I dont know weather to refuse to do the overtime,at the moment im on prednisolone,sulsafalazine,co-codomol,xxx
  • katknapp
    Options
    cashiering should be fine but hes made it plain that its for only 8 weeks after that i have to take up full sales role which i know i wont be able to do,hes told me he does not have to create a new role for me,so at the end of 8 weeks i really dont know what im going to do....panic maybe!...i feel as though im stumbling round in the dark at the moment
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi katknapp,

Del's right you know... you do have rights under the Disability Discrimination Act..and.. your employer has a duty to support you and that can mean moving you to a job better suited to your condition.

I don't know if you have read any publications on work and arther so I've posted you a link to the publications page so that you can read more about it.

http://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/PublicationsandResources/Workindependence

Iris xx