Pregnancy on Gold Injections

Options
JasminHolly
JasminHolly Member Posts: 7
I am 20, and recently discovered that i was pregnant. I am over the moon! The only thing that is really bothering me, is the fact that i am receiving Gold Injections. I am still only recieving my 'once every two week' injection, but i don't know how this is going to affect my unborn baby. My consultant is going to get back to me by Monday, but i can't bare a weekend of not knowing if my baby is going to have birth defects. Has anyone got any advice? It would be much apprieiated. Thank you! Jaz.

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,493
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Dear Jaz,
    Congratulations, It sounds as if this has caused a mixture of emotions, of happiness but also worry while you wait to hear from the consultant. You may find it useful to read the following factsheet on gold injections:
    http://www.arthritisresearchuk.org/files/Gold_29032010152013.pdf

You may also like to post this on our living with arthritis forum as it tends to get more activity. This wait must be unbearable, some people find distracting themselves with activities they enjoy can help. Im sure other forum members will come along shortly with more useful advice.

Best Wishes
    Adele