Hello Again

jilly
jilly Member Posts: 503
edited 29. Dec 2010, 08:47 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone I have'nt been on the site for a long time i have been ill and when i tried to sign in it would'nt except my password so i have had to start all over again.
My user name was Alicea. This time it is jilly .
I have OA in most of my joints and spine . I have had a hip replaced and one knee . I have been ill for a few months and did'nt know what it was , in the end it turned out to be my thyroid being underactive , i am now on treatment and feeling a little better . but the OA is driving me mad i am in pain all the time and have to take strong pain killers daily to function .

Well I am so pleased to be able to talk to you all again ,Merry Christmas to you all and lets hope we have a happy and less painful new year .jilly x:-P

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    jilly wrote:
    Hi everyone I have'nt been on the site for a long time i have been ill and when i tried to sign in it would'nt except my password so i have had to start all over again.
    My user name was Alicea. This time it is jilly .
    I have OA in most of my joints and spine . I have had a hip replaced and one knee . I have been ill for a few months and did'nt know what it was , in the end it turned out to be my thyroid being underactive , i am now on treatment and feeling a little better . but the OA is driving me mad i am in pain all the time and have to take strong pain killers daily to function .

Well I am so pleased to be able to talk to you all again ,Merry Christmas to you all and lets hope we have a happy and less painful new year .jilly x:-P

Hi Jilly, I'm fairly new on here so won't have spoken before, but welcome back, glad that the illness has been sorted for you, but sorry about old arthur being a bugger... I've spent the last God knows how many years taking heavy pain meds on a daily basis so know where you are at at the minute..

Best wishes, hope things ease for you soon
    :))
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    HI Alicea/Jilly

good to see you again :grin::grin:

when the forum changed we all had to sign in using the 'i've forgotten my password' facility, and get a new password for our old user name, as the passwords were not able to be carried over for some sort of technical reasons. :roll:

In the new year you might be able to contact the webmanager and see if you could get your old username back if you wanted, but I understand from other posts that have been on here that it is harder to do this once someone has re-registered, so that maybe not possible.

hope to continue seeing you post.

take care
    WOnky
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Alicea- Jilly,

Welcome back but sorry you haven't been well.

Thyroids are not nice but glad they have diagnosed it and you are feeling a little better.

Flower oa is relentless when it's on a burn and hopefully it ill back don for y soon.

I wonder if a change of eds could help you? Might be worth asking. Overtime we seem to adjust to what we are taking and its not so effective.

i do hope you an get a bit f rest bite fro it, with mine sometimes stretching or moving t can help but only sometimes. I hope the burn will end for you soon. Nice to see you again Cris x
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Hi jilly
    Glad that you have been able to join the forum again
    Sorry you haven't been well and that your OA is causing you so much trouble at the moment.
    Hope that the meds you are on start to help soon.
    Take care
    Juliepf x
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Hello , Alicea / Jilly , don't think we've met as I am still new on here , look forward to chatting with a namesake ! Jilly
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Hello Jilly...nice to meet you. :grin:

Glad you've made your way back to the forum but sorry to hear you've been having such a rough time of it. :roll:

Hope the thyroid meds keep that side of things under control and that the pain from the OA in your joints will ease.

Does heat help? I've read posts of other folks on the forum who have OA that hydrotherapy is good at alleviating some of the pain...

hope you had a nice Xmas despite arther!

Iris x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Alicea/Jilly

good to see you again :))

Merry Christmas to you too albeit belated.

Sorry you ahve had such a rough time, but glad you are back here so we can cheer you along.

Love

Toni xx