Think I may have over done it abit

angelgirl7
angelgirl7 Member Posts: 118
edited 31. Dec 2010, 03:07 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello all

Well Christmas was pretty full on, especially having 2 youngsters to entertain, visit various sets of parents and an aged grandparent to visit aswell.........................so lots of running about and then yesterday thought it was a brilliant idea to take my son ice skating at the Mall, Cribbs Causeway. Nooooooooooooooooooow I used to be a figure skater but haven't been skating for a few years, I just took it easy and gently glided around the ice..................but I knew about it last night and all today. My hips and back are shot :cry: Son enjoyed it though, so it was worth it.

Very busy weekend ahead so trying to get as much rest in today and tomorrow

Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugs

Beckie X

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Good for you girl for giving it a go. That is the attitude to have and the one to keep hold of, if at all possible. Yes, stuff hurts now but you have the satisfaction of knowing that you did it, you briefly (and gently) revisited your past as you elegantly swayed and sashayed across the ice. How utterly wonderful, and good for you. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    I agree with DD
    Do anything that is possible and face the consequences the next day....as long as you know there are going to be consequences.
    If you overdo it with housework....and are sore the next day THAT IS NOT WORTH IT :lol:
    But if you overdo it doing something you enjoy.....good for you
    Love
    Hileena
  • angelgirl7
    angelgirl7 Member Posts: 118
    Yep thats how i feel ................ it was brilliant taking my son skating and me being back on the ice .......... still a bit sore but its not to bad.

Off bowling tomorrow for my friends daughters birthday ........... and I get a bit competitive even with the kids LOL

Hugs
    Beckie X
  • stlucia
    stlucia Member Posts: 392
    Oooh fun! I saw the ice rink there the other day but didn't dare go on incase I fell over and broke something. Well done you for going though.

x
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Beckie,

Ah but you enjoyed it :wink: This bone thing is no us.... I hate the fact that everything comes with a price but sometimes you just have to pick up the bill :lol:

Enjoy your bowling... might sneak into your pocket to take my mind off things, you will be ok cus I am one of those people who just doesn't do competitive.... still might beat you though :wink:

You continue to overdo it for as long as you can cus I think the bone thing just needs to learn we have a life and as the uninvited guest it has to learn some manners :lol: Cris x