Self employed and struggling

2»

Comments

• Poppyg1rl
    Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Thanks DD,
    You did make me laugh with your evil fairy!, doing half-day today with a 1yr old so not too bad, although have to say my fingers are not liking the cold, I had to ask hubby to help me put the safety straps on baby in the buggy this morning, that's not happened as bad before but I literally cannot grip.
    Wish me luck for this afternoon as have to tell NCMA and Ofsted re my decision, I'm in for a: a lecture (ofsted) b: guilt trip (from NCMA) for giving up, they talked me out of it before (when I was first diagnosed and panicked) but not this time.
    Take care DD, you are a wise, wise lady.
    Poppy Xxx
    'grá agus solas'
    'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X
  • seamonkey
    seamonkey Member Posts: 323
    Hi poppy,
    dont let the authorities bully you, you know whats best for yourself and your family. Ive been signed off work today for 3 weeks and am dreading telling childminded family as im giving up in feb anyway but doc more or less said id be in a wheelchair soon if i dont start thinking of my self. Bit of a reality check.
    I hope your telling the ncma etc goes better than you anticipate, :smile:
    Best of luck,
    seamonkey
  • jennylynn
    jennylynn Member Posts: 101
    Hi again,

Stay strong poppyg1rl!! sometimes its ok to do things that benefit yourself and not worry so much about everyone else. You have made such a brave and strong decision and you should be holding your head high and feel very proud of yourself. I'm sure everyone on here is.

Hope your meetings are not too stressful and let us know how you got on,

Jennyx
    Jennyx

kittens.jpg?1295453358
  • Poppyg1rl
    Hi Jenny, Seamonkey & DD,
    Just wanted to say Thanks for your support and advice this week, it's been tough.
    I've got to work a full 5 days for the next 4wks 7.30am - 6pm so prob won't be posting as will be exhausted, tbh I'm dreading it.
    Oh well, there's light at the end of the tunnel and I'll get through it!
    Thanks again hugs Poppy Xxx
    'grá agus solas'
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    You will get through as time has this annoying habit of passing! I wish you well, remember to make time for you, we will be here if you are able to look in at all. Take care and keep as well as you can. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Poppyg1rl
    Hi DD,
    Day 2 over thankfully, not sure if I can keep this up...x
    'grá agus solas'
  • dreamdaisy
    You have to think of you - if you cannot do it then you cannot. **** the consequences. YOU are important. This is your health, your well-being and your future quality of life at stake. DD
  • Poppyg1rl
    Hi DD,
    Well, it's 1am and I'm sat up with hot water bottles strapped to my aching ribs, hands holding wheat bags (I know it sounds daft but it works!) and my left knee has decided to join the party...
    There! feels good to let it all out!!
    On the plus side I have photo copied a letter from my GP who says he is signing me off for 3 weeks. I went to see him after I finished work at 6, felt thoroughly embarrassed as burst into tears when he said "dear me you look like you're in a lot of pain" I went to see him as my knee is very sore and swollen and that's new.
    Anyway I'm signed off so legally I have done and dusted notice.
    Bad news is my knee is throbbing (it has it's own heartbeat) so GP has spoken Rheumy dept for an emergency appt.
    Will let u know when it is if u don't mind?
    Thank God for this forum, feel so much better getting it out and knowing you lovely people know all about the pain and that you care. Thanks Poppy x
    'grá agus solas'
  • dreamdaisy
    Of course I don't mind you telling me - don't be a daftie! I cannot do anything concrete to help but I do know what it is like, battling against the unremitting pain and discomfort all the bloody time, so yes, let me know when they can see you and also what they do to help: re: the knee, when you are resting elevate it, and support it with a cushion or pillow. If it is hot try draping a bag of frozen peas over it (having wrapped them in a tea towel), that can give useful temporary relief from the pain (but it is, I stress, temporary). Take care, let me know how you are getting on please, either via here or a PM. DD
  • Poppyg1rl
    Hi Delboy & DD,
    Thankyou for your support and advice, really need it just now. My knee is incredibly painful, tried to keep it elevated as much as possible today, tramadol taking edge off but it's so sore red and swollen im having to take the max dosage. Got appt for Rheumy Monday 4.15pm which is good. I'm drained, fed up with the pain so going to try and rest, easier said than done. Thanks for listening guys I'm sure it will get better Poppy x
    'grá agus solas'
  • dreamdaisy
    It will pass, all things do.

I wish you well, you are doing all the right things and you can do no more than that. Take care. DD