helpline

salamander
salamander Member Posts: 1,906
Hi, just tried to phone your helpline (2pm) and it is closed with a message saying you are open from 10am - 4 pm weekdays. :???:

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    They have a training day today - you think they would have posted summat to let people know. I only know that 'cos I read one of their replies to someone yesterday. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • salamander
    Thanks DD. Could have put that on the answer phone message of course! Doesn't matter though as phoned NRAS instead and they helped me out.
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Hi Salamander

It was good that you thought to call NRAS and they were able to help you.

Look after yourself,

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • salamander
    Thanks Elna, they were very good too.
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,464
    Hi Salamanda,

I am sorry that you couldn’t get through to us on the helplines, we are closed on the last Friday of every month for team training. I hope you will try phoning us again.

Best Wishes
    Adele
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello helpliners, re the closure last Friday, would you consider putting that little nugget of very useful info on a sticky? I hope you are all as well as you can be. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,464
    Hi everyone,
    Yes you are quite right that information is missing from our 'sticky' and we have put that right now.
    Can I just say that the Closed message actually does say
    'Hello Arthritis Care's helplines service is now closed. Our opening hours are weekdays 10am to 4pm please try then. The service is always closed the last Friday in every month for training and during Bank Holidays. Please call us again when we are open. Thank you.'
    This message has been on for several years.
    We close on these days because the team need to be continually updated on treatments and conditions so that they know where to find information and answers to some of the very complex questions you ask them. They also need time to debrief confidentially with a professional supervisor so that they do not carry around some of the very difficult issues they have to deal with during the month.
    I am glad you got the help you needed from NRAS and that is what it all about, us all working together to support you.
    I hope this now explains things and thanks for your suggestion re the 'sticky' - thats all done now.
    Jo Cumming
    Helplines Manager