I shall phone the vet tomorrow, lol

cherrybim
cherrybim Member Posts: 334
edited 31. Jan 2011, 21:17 in Living with Arthritis archive
I admit to being vain, very vain in fact. I wouldn't dream of leaving the house without the slap on, even if nowadays it isn't the full monty. I've never worn a pair of jeans in my life and the trainers the podiatrist recommended were passed on in the charity bag without even seeing the light of day.

I manicure and varnish my nails at least thrice weekly, come screwmatics or not and my eldest cat is quite partial to the colour "strawberry fields" when he gets a sniff of it. I can raise my hands away from his inquisitiveness so no probs.

However, come the evenings when I relax and get the Deep Heat and Olbas Oil out to annoint my joints he gets as excited as if they were vials of catnip. Drools away and if I can't move rapidly enough he will lick the annointed places :shock:

We had a gorgeous Lab, slightly camp, who wanted a dab of moisturiser on his nose in the mornings whilst I was putting the slap on. The lovely vet said, indulge him, buy him a pot of cheapo cream, it won't harm him. I really don't know what she's going to say about the Deep Heat and Olbas Oil :oops:

Comments

• caterina57
    caterina57 Member Posts: 1,424
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh bless
    You have brought memories back of a colleague I worked with many years ago, We took the kids from the school we worked at camping to a farm in Derbys and she turned up in 5" heels. Never had a chipped nail in her life and wouldn't even give up the heels when she was pregnant. She wore so much gold jewellry she sparkled - non of the costume jewels for her.

Me - well I like to look nice, but need to be comfy now that I have hitched up with Arthur!
    P.s I spend more on the dogs haircut than mine!

Take care - and ring the vets!
    Cath
  • cherrybim
    Tee Hee Cath, you gave me a good giggle. I don't think I would've gone that far :lol: Probably a Barber for me with Moorlands boots in those circumstances :lol:

I have a friend who came home with her babe and then suffered a post partum haemorrhage. She refused to go in the ambulance to hospital until she'd put her false eyelashes on :shock: I was there with her husband and he was going absolutely bonkers about it.

I'll phone the vet.

I've dismissed the services of my hairdresser, she wasn't good enough for me, lol x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Slap? Varnish? Strewth woman, I am far too dowdy for the likes of you. Just as well we can see past the veneer of social grooming, yes? :grin:

d100.gif cherrybim and me g035.gif
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi
    Thanks for the laugh :lol::lol: i really needed it... a couple of years ago my Oh had to call an ambulance for me, I tried to make him wait till I changed into my posh pyjamas with 3 quarter bottoms.....while he was on the phone I somehow managed to get them on......in come the paramedic a lovely young man he was.....they got me in the ambulance and he said....you didnt need to change just for us......how does he know I ask......you have your jimjams on inside out love :shock: :oops: :oops: :oops:
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • cherrybim
    Social grooming?

Our window cleaner doesn't see me as thus. Shared the recipe for the "ginger beer plant" famous during the 1950's with him, even gave him the yeast and the ginger!

I am a woman of many facets :lol:

(I just love the little figures :grin: ) Shame I'm too dim to post my own.

Just you wait until I can get both my hooves into dainty shoes!

To split the infinitive; that will be something up with which you cannot put. On the other hand of course you won't be bothered a monkey's :lol:
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Oh barbara12! How funny! Still chortling! Hee-hee! :lol: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • cherrybim
    barbara12 wrote:
    Hi
    Thanks for the laugh :lol::lol: i really needed it... a couple of years ago my Oh had to call an ambulance for me, I tried to make him wait till I changed into my posh pyjamas with 3 quarter bottoms.....while he was on the phone I somehow managed to get them on......in come the paramedic a lovely young man he was.....they got me in the ambulance and he said....you didnt need to change just for us......how does he know I ask......you have your jimjams on inside out love :shock: :oops: :oops: :oops:
    Barbara x

Oh I love it Barbara, that's really classic, bless you. :grin:

Sadly OH has been admitted to hos with asthma/pneumonia 4 times over the last three years and I've faffed about making him "fit for purpose" before the lovely paramedics put him in the ambulance.

The daft things we do in a crisis :lol:
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    cherrybim wrote:
    barbara12 wrote:
    Hi
    Barbara x

Oh I love it Barbara, that's really classic, bless you. :grin:

Sadly OH has been admitted to hos with asthma/pneumonia 4 times over the last three years and I've faffed about making him "fit for purpose" before the lovely paramedics put him in the ambulance.

The daft things we do in a crisis :lol:
    Im still traumatised :roll: always make sure my jimjams are folded the right way :lol::lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • cherrybim
    Oh I know Barbara, these episodes always have a lasting effect on us :lol::lol:
  • puffin
    puffin Member Posts: 67
    Paramedics, in my opinion, are just wonderful. Have never had a pair that did not try to relieve the stress with humour as well as names like sweetheart.
    You just know they are concerned with the immediate medical attention and transport to hospital and not into note-taking in any big way. Good job!
    Thanks for the laugh, Barbara.
    Do you now have a designated pair of well-ironed and pleasingly folded jimjams set aside for any future emergency?
    Puffin
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Cherry,

You and Barbara have made me laugh but....i was ion the waggons a few years and we didn't notice what people were wearing, less really bazaar, just focused on helping and if you were really lucky stopping what ever was wrong.....

I did a job once and had the guy marked down as a nfa really.... his wife had too much makeup on, both wrecked of drink and though we got him from a theater he had collapsed outside.

I also told another actress to get out the way... and my 'nfa' was very ill actually. he did arrest in the waggon and by a miracle the fates were looking out for him and I got him back.....

Turned out he was a very well known actor and he was also sucssful and likely to have earned more in a week than I did a year :lol::lol: treated him just the same.... so you see it doesn't matter....

we did used to know who was cared for and who wasn't I guess ...

me I ain't cared for and model the haggard through the hedge back ward look, often cus i have been :lol::lol:

Hey the common thing between the deep heat and obis i think is camphor? Its probably ok for your cat to like it but he might get high I guess :lol::lol: Cris x