An update!

zechariah
zechariah Member Posts: 222
edited 2. Feb 2011, 03:29 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all,

I saw the consultant last week and he is testing to see if it is an inflamatary arthritis as well as OA, I have had bloods taken and I am going in for day stay to have some biopsies taken from the synovium!

It makes sense as I am still in heaps of pan after the TKR last March and so this may be the answer!

I hope you are all as pain free as possible :smile:

Comments

• traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Z

I am not familar with your story but just wanted to say that i hope everything goes ok for you and that you get the right treatment to make you more comfortable..

Take care
    Thinking of you
    Tracy
    xxxxxx
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • caterina57
    caterina57 Member Posts: 1,424
    Hi Z
    Hope your day stay goes well - at least it sounds positive in that they are testing you

Good luck - Keep us updated

Cath
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Hi zechariah & good to see you posting again :smile:

I hope that whatever they do to you (it sounds a bit intense :eek: ) will come up with some answers for you .... and a new treatment plan that will help with the pain.

best of luck!
    WOnky
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 20,972
    Hi zechariah
    I really do hope they can help you this time, at last they sound like they know what they are talking about.
    Hopefully it wont be long now, I wish you well with it all, please let us know how you get on.
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,347
    Hi Zechariah,

hope you get some answers and some relief soon.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,386
    Hi Zachariah,
    Well that sounds more proactive for you. Fingers crossed that you get some answers soon.
    Let us know how you go on.
    Lv, Ix
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,567
    I wonder why the biopsy? Anyhoo, let us know how it goes, please, and what the outcome is. I know it's possible to have both sorts of arthritis (ie auto-immune and osteo) but that does seem like a very unlucky straw to draw - you won't be the first, or the last on that front, methinks! Good luck, zechariah. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,142
    Hi z
    Hope you are reasonably ok today.
    Good luck with the biopsy and I hope they can sort you out soon
    In the meantime take care
    Juliepf :smile: