Katie

Options
Quacksmum
Quacksmum Member Posts: 9
edited 10. Feb 2011, 09:22 in My child has arthritis
Hi

I am Karen, mum to Katie aged 14 who has Enthesitis Related Arthritis and Psoriatic Arthritis. She was diagnosed in 2007 and has the vast majority of joints affected.

It took 2 years to get her diagnosis and a lot of arguing and debating to get her a referral in the first place.

She has jaw problems and sees maxillo facial and has been told she needs a jaw replacement and lengthening surgery.

I just wanted to pop in and say hello.

Karen

Comments

• littlemummy2
    littlemummy2 Member Posts: 91
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Karen and welcome, it's not easy when your child has arthiritis but put together with having a jaw replacement and have to lengthening surgery. I so hope your both coping and being close through the hard times.

Hope it all works out okay,

Michelle x
  • Quacksmum
    Options
    we are very close, we are also a few years down the line so living with Arthur is now normal for us and we are over alot of the stress...

We frequently talk to others about arthritis and last year she did an Amble... she likes to help kids just diagnosed and is really caring.

Thanks for your message :)

Karen
  • magenta
    magenta Member Posts: 1,604
    Options
    Hi Karen,
    I read your post cos frogmorton told me about it. It's of interest to me cos I too have seen in the past and due to see another max facial surgeon about OA in my jaw. I'm sorry to hear about your daughter-she's very young to have all these problems. It must be really hard to see your daughter in pain and knowing what lies ahead of her with the operations.

She sounds lovely.If you ever want a chat about things, I'm here.
    My thoughts are with you both,
    Magenta x
  • Quacksmum
    Options
    Hi Magenta.

Thank you so very much.

Katie is too young for her replacement as her surgeon wants to hold off for as long as possible. We have an event running and its on facebook just now

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=121496577921854