What do you know now that you wish you'd known at 20?

joanlawson
joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
edited 4. Apr 2011, 08:24 in Community Chit-chat archive
What do you know now that you wish you'd known when you were 20 :?:

I wish I'd known how quickly time goes by as you get older. Ferris Bueller was right – you have to stop and have a look.

I wish I'd known that worrying doesn’t make for a better tomorrow… just a more stressful today.

I wish I’d known to live in the moment, and not in the future or the past.

I wish I'd known that that life is the sum of the memories we make.

I wish I'd known that even the biggest goals can be achieved if you take it one small step at a time.

I wish I'd known that Arthur was going to strike; I would have danced till I dropped :!: :lol:

Joan
c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Wish I'd known last Fridays Euro Millions numbers, would've wrote them down :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol::lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • joanlawson
    tjt6768 wrote:
    Wish I'd known last Fridays Euro Millions numbers, would've wrote them down :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol::lol:

I didn't realise that you were only 20 last week, Tony :!: :lol: Hindsight is a wonderful thing when you are young and foolish :!: :lol::lol:
  • tjt6768
    I'm only a nipper Joan, I've just been ravaged by Arthur :lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    Simples! I wish I knew how to make love to a beautiful woman, I'm still looking for one.

Ouch, I just got an elbow in my ribs...., :mrgreen: !

8) Its a grin, honest!
  • tjt6768
    :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
    :lol::lol::lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • joanlawson
    Airwave! wrote:
    Simples! I wish I knew how to make love to a beautiful woman, I'm still looking for one.

Ouch, I just got an elbow in my ribs...., :mrgreen: !

8) Its a grin, honest!

I bet she wishes that she'd found a man who realises that diplomacy is the best policy :!:

b0201.gif
  • joanlawson
    I wish I'd known that life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint on it you can.

I wish I'd known that life has a superb cast but it's not always easy to figure out the plot.

I wish I'd known that all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets.

I wish I'd discovered the secret of life - you just hang around until you get used to it.

Joan
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    Oh dear, have we got to be serious again?

OK, what I'd like to have known at 20 is .........nope its doesn't come to me, I was just about to be married, I was employed, I was fit, looking for somewhere for us to live, I had a motorbike:-)), nope, everything was good! The bliss of ignorance!!!!!

8) Its a grin, honest!
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Bliss is indeed ignorance because I got pregnant at 20 and if I'd been a sensible girl I'd never have had my beautiful daughter who is my pride and joy and a great comfort to me. Her dad left me straight away(!) but came back a bit later (when he realised she wasn't going to go away) and we got married and then had my beautiful second daughter. I now have 5 beautiful children Without whom my life would not be so happy.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    what do i wish i had known at 20 well nothing.
    i lived life the way i wanted, did what i wished. made the decisions that felt right and have no regrets.
    there is no way i could have stopped arther and to know he was going to bite would have only scared me.but always felt life is what you make it and you do have to work at it or it not worth having val
    val
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    I alway say if only we had listened to people who were older and wiser....my mother gave me such good advice but did I listen did I ek...and now I am advising my grandchildren...yeah you guessed it
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    That this country was going to turn into a derelict 3rd world dictator run s*&t hole with matching crunbling infrastructure and an an unhealthy lust for causing wars for oil and genral greed.
  • coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    i wish id known what an a******e my ex husband would turn into so i could have got out sooner,
  • caterina57
    caterina57 Member Posts: 1,424
    At 20 I was young free and single - I wish I had known how quickly the years would pass. 26 years in a career of looking after troubled and troublesome young people, followed by 8 years of providing 24hour care for my mother now deceased. At 54 I am older but still free and single!
    Cath
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    I wish i had know i would met man of dreams the following year
    had saved more money
    wish id know the house i was so bowled over.which hubby told me would be stuck with as he had not long got divorced and could not afford to move then was not suitable for my future needs
    1 no down stairs loo
    2 small kitchen
    3 3 tiered garden flat would have been better
    any way ive managed with it and we are still here.
    Lost weight and dressed better while i was still young and looked fab.
    worked in care years ago.
    any winning lottery numbers
    did not get rid of halifax account i would have got a payout when it changed to a bank.
    appreciate my family more when young to busy going out etc
    Joanne
  • tjt6768
    How did you guess what he did for a living :shock: :shock: :eek: :eek: :lol:

rehab44 wrote:
    tjt6768 wrote:
    I'm only a nipper Joan, I've just been ravaged by Arthur :lol:
    A sailor?
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Had another thought. I wish I had bought the crumbly, falling down cottage for £21000 in a posh bit of Sussex countryside. I couldn't see further than the smashed up toilet at the time but it would be worth a fortune now!

E x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • joanlawson
    I wish I'd followed my interest in studying art. I allowed myself to be talked out of it at school by my headmistress who thought the subject wasn't sufficiently academic. Now I'm making up for lost time, and I have a passion for painting.
  • pheebs
    pheebs Member Posts: 202
    Hi all,

I wish I'd known more about pensions and what happens when your OH decides to trade you in for a younger model!
    I wish I'd known what my life would be like if I'd followed my chosen path and not done everything to please my parents.
    I wish I'd known/realised that I did have musical talent and not wait until in my forties before learning a musical instrument. Heck, I could've been a rock star!
    And on a positive note, wish I'd known what my sons were going to be like - would have been something special to look forward to.
    Could go on and on but it's lunchtime so must get back to the grind.

Pheebs x